Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 05-27-2014, 06:28 PM

Those fires can be scary! My kid had to be evacuated once while working staff at a scout camp. A kid we consider a nephew had to be evacuated as a scout camper 3 years in a row and one year had to leave all his stuff in in a bathroom (the campsites had cinder block open air bathrooms, so that's where all the non-essential gear got stuffed) and a few items came home a bit melted, but not burned. Just a matter of time before we are breathing smoke soon, we have already had 4 fires within 200 miles of us this month.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:45 PM

Kodiak... sigh. Overcast, dismal grayness... NOT preferential weather for me.

Maca and I are doing good. But this place is not good for me. We agreed, no small effort on his part to reassure me, that I need to go home earlier than planned, and stay here less time than planned on future trips.
More money will be spent to send me and Sour Pea back and forth, but hopefully less strain on my mental health.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:33 AM

GG, my sister and the kiddo who was visiting all went home this evening. A month apart, a weekend together-and all was awkward.

How to manage the awkward and uncomfortable silence where there used to be so much comfort and joy? No idea.
The shitty awkward moment of goodbye, when a hug lasts 3 times too long for one person but the other person won't let go.
When one person isn't even remotely thinking about a kiss, the other person is trying to get one.

Yeah-the hello was awkward & uncomfortable, the weekend was awkward & uncomfortable, the goodbye was awkward & uncomfortable.

Sigh.

The only good part was seeing SourPea's face light up for her birthday when she opened her presents.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:17 PM

Hugs!
Old 06-24-2014, 08:06 PM

Ugh - hugs for all the awkwardness. Glad you got to see the beaming birthday girl, though.
Xena: Poly. In relationships with Chops and Noa, and dating others.
Noa: Married, Poly. In relationships with Chops and Xena (individually).

Blog thread: A Mono's Journey Into Poly-Land (or, "Aw hell, there's no road map?!")
Slightly more polished blog with a mono/poly focus: From Baltic to Boardwalk
Old 07-09-2014, 07:24 PM

Today is the 15th anniversary of my wedding to Maca. We've come SO DAMN FAR! It's mind boggling to say the very least.
It took a fucking long ass time-but we finally reached a point in our lives where we are both happy, both getting our needs met, both understanding the little idiosyncratic twists and turns in each other. We are consistently communicating well with each other. Just so many things. We're so damn different today from anything we imagined! But so much better as individuals and as a couple.
I was sitting here thinking about our lives and realizing that we've been doing well for a good amount of time now. There's "typical" shit that comes up like dealing with job schedules. But we're talking through them and finding solutions that work for both of us. It feels good.

I came home from Kodiak a week ago (a week early) because I just really can't handle that place for long periods. Maca rescheduled my trip with lots of hugs, kisses and reassurances. It meant a lot to me that he not only saw that I needed something contrary to our plans and his preferences, but was self-driven to make sure my needs were met.
I'm going back in a week and a half. I'll only be there a week, but it's a week we can spend together before my trip to California with SourPea. He wasn't expecting it, in fact he was surprised at my willingness to go back so soon. He was also thrilled.

Today is a day for looking back on the shitty road we traversed to get where we are and to smile because we made it. We survived and now we are thriving. That's something to smile about. I'm doing my thinking here at home. He's doing his thinking in Kodiak at work. But we're both smiling.
He asked every person in his contacts to send me a message today "Maca says Happy Anniversary". LOL! I got SO MANY texts from numbers I don't know. People he works with, some who have never met me. People from other states. It was funny and it was sweet.
He hasn't gotten back to the apartment yet, it will be another 6 hours or so. But our son is there, I asked him to walk down to the store and pick up roses and stargazers and set them on the counter for his dad.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:06 PM

What a wonderful post! Congratulations, LR. And happy anniversary!
Old 07-10-2014, 12:12 AM

Thanks. He got off work a little early. Just texted that he made it to the apartment and found the flowers on his bedside table.

Can I just say my teenager ROCKS!

The flower delivery to Kodiak (an island) didn't get made this week. Therefore, the only roses that were available were already in pre-made bouquets.
I had asked him to get 15 red roses and some stargazers. But there were no roses available. The pre-made vases, one had 12 roses, the others had 2.
So he purchased three vases, the ones with two roses came with white lilies. So he also purchased a bunch of stargazers. Took them to the counter and asked the lady to put all of them together in one vase. Suffice it to say she was baffled. He told her, it was his mom and dad's 15th anniversary, his mom wanted to give dad 15 red roses, with stargazers, and mom gets what mom wants. LMAO!

Suffice it to say-beautiful bouquet. Probably the most expensive one ever, but that kid doesn't ever fail me. Two miles to the store-and he walked it. Made sure the flowers were ready and waiting for his dad when he came home from work.

I'm having a little squeally happy moment loving my son in all of this too.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:02 AM

Congrats! Glad it is a joyous day for you.

Galagirl
Old 07-10-2014, 11:26 AM

Really happy for you all.

SlowPoly • vee hinge • living between two homes

Mitch ('M') • life partner • expectant co-parent • former LDR
Woof ('W') • life partner • co-parent • former spouse

Tags
commitment, family oriented, love, lovingradiance, progress, v formation, vee dynamics