Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 07-16-2013, 06:35 PM

Default out of the closet=controlling your own time

It was very nice.
Most especially because there hasn't been any significant drama in so long.

I have noticed a lot recently, questions about how to manage to get quality time with partners, while remaining in the closet about having additional partners.

I can't help but continue to scratch my head over it.

The answer is so simplistic that when I type it-it comes off smartass, cocky, even demeaning. But seriously-it's not. It's just the simple truth.

If you want to be free to choose who you spend your time with, then you have to choose to take charge of your life and not parcel the "in charge" out to everyone else.
That means not changing who you are in order to avoid someone else's offense.

There will always be those who don't approve of whatever it is you do in life. But-why do they deserve to be catered to?
They don't.

If they can't treat you with respect, even if they disagree with your lifestyle, drop them. It doesn't matter if they are related or not. People who treat you like shit because they don't like how you live don't need have you in their life-it's OBVIOUSLY upsetting for them. So, move on.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
Today is 14 years of marriage for macs and I.
Congratulations!
Stakes - very intimate friend
Old 07-18-2013, 01:03 PM

Happy anniversary!

GG
Old 08-05-2013, 05:45 AM

Reeling from the shock of reading on fb that a friend in the poly community unexpectedly passed away today.
This person was such an inspiration to me, always had a kind word, reassurance and encouragement along my path of self exploration and growth.
Not really anything I can say or do. It is what it is.
But it was an unexpected and unhappy surprise to read when I got "home" tthis evening.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:37 AM

I'm in shock and disbelief. What a wonderful person to of lost. What happened? Do you know? We are going to poly camp this month and I was looking forward to seeing her. sad. Very sad.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:06 AM

All I saw was that she was rushed to the ER for a "freak medical emergency" (those were the exact words) and rushed into surgery-and didn't make it.

They have since said that she didn't suffer. But that's all.
There are people on the polyinthenorthwest page that can share more details via pm. I didn't ask. I just didn't feel like I needed more info in my mind. That was already painful enough. You know?

Anneintherain-on here, was a metamour-and has asked on the "how are you doing" thread-for suggestions on helping support her partner who is struggling with this loss. So if you have suggestions-you might send them her way.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:09 PM

Feeling thankful.

I was reading through the many posts on fb-people grieving the loss of our friend.
So many were about "rethinking" their lives, realizing that they needed to reorder their priorities and make time for the people in their lives because we could lose someone with no notice at any point.
This is true.

But-what struck me is-I don't have anything significant to change on that front.

I considered the friend who is now gone, and with a smile recalled her last posts on Friday and my reply. A couple of weeks ago she had posted she was sad and I had responded with happy thoughts and that had been a common thing between us.

My kids see me almost all day every day. I prioritize being involved in their lives. My beloveds know I rearrange my life regularly to be sure we have time together. My friends get texts and fb posts and I pop in to see them at work or wherever as I run through my errands and life responsibilities.

So, I am thankful today that at some point along the line, I learned that lesson-before losing someone I would have to regret I didn't say what I really felt before they were gone.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:25 AM

Home Sweet Home.
Came home from Kodiak.
GG had cleaned the house (including scrubbing my shower) and was making dinner for us. It was very sweet.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:05 AM

Since I vented my frustrations over topics that have been arising in a few groups I'm in lately-I probably better post an update.

No drama on the home front. Actually-it's been long enough that the "waiting for the other shoe two drop" sensation has finally passed too. That's awesome. Just chilling (in terms of relationships). Definitely not chilling in terms of busy-ness!

Between grandchildren visiting, road trips with the 13 year old for school stuff, visits to Kodiak to see Maca, home improvement work, a HUGE garden project, school planning (SO STOKED I got to help re-design the statistics for psychology course!) etc-
I've been running and running and running!

I bought a new motorcycle 3 weeks ago. In a week it will be home. So this week I've been studying up so I can go take my permit test (I had it once before but we sold the bike we had before I got to take my drivers test and then the permit expired).
I am SO looking forward to taking my drivers test so I am FREE on the bike.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:22 PM

Default Priorities

This guy shows his priority is his son ALL OF THE TIME.
But this post caught my heart strings today.

http://www.danoah.com/2013/08/broken...king-up.html/3

Tags
commitment, family oriented, love, lovingradiance, progress, v formation, vee dynamics