Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 08-25-2014, 09:24 PM

Default Relationship with me

I currently am living with my husband. We aren't sexually active togather for a variety of reasons. low libido on his part, mine just kinda of not feeling wanted by him and just not into another human right now.

My last serious relationship ended on a toxic note over a year ago. I miss him but know he is very toxic and not able to be in an honest relationship. I have dated some very nice people since then. No real spark.

My child is seriously ill and going through a very hard diagnosis and trial by error stop gaps to help her cope with pain, symptoms of her problem and depression and isolation due to her illness.

I met someone I click with. He is hot sexy and I like how he thinks. However, I am thinking this would not be a good time to start a relationship. This would be diverting myself from working on myself and kinda of like using drugs to cope with a very stressful situation.

My support group is all in bandage mode themselves, parental illiness etc.

I gucess I am trying to say is I feel weird that I need to pass on this relationship so I can stay focused on my self care and my child. Does any of this make sense. I think I need some kind of validation and my husband Bear is not of help with that.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:50 PM

Makes sense to me. Sometimes one is willing but not able. Sometimes one is able but not willing. And neither of those is BOTH willing and able.

It's ok if you decide to pass because it isn't the right time for you. It's ok to do that.

Galagirl
Old 08-25-2014, 11:57 PM

Maybe your hot, sexy guy you click with would consider being a friend only for a while, someone to have a beer or coffee with, go for a walk with and give you a hug and maybe a brief back rub , a smile and a kiss. There is always the possibility of jumping each others bods at a later date. Maybe just spending an hour a week with him would charge your batteries enough to help get thru the difficult stuff you are going thru.

m
Old 08-26-2014, 12:16 AM

Perhaps a liaison with this hot, sexy guy is just the medicine you need!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 08-27-2014, 02:09 AM
Official Greeter

Hi Livingmybestlife,

It's totally up to you whether you pursue a romantic prospect, as well as what reasons you base the choice on. Just focus on whatever you feel you need to focus on at this time.

I hope some things get easier for you and yours.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:00 PM

Default AW: Bauarbeiten in der Wohnung

I am thinking this would not be a good time to start a relationship. This would be diverting myself from working on myself and kinda of like using drugs to cope with a very stressful situation.