Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 11-13-2013, 07:05 AM
Official Greeter

Cool posts, people. Very cool ...

Yes, even the latest from ColorsWolf (that blithely sidestepped the alarm and concern his strongly-seeming-to-be-threatening bit in his earlier post caused for more than one fellow member here).

I took "the latest challenge" and answered -- at length as usual -- what was a essentially a carbon copy of his latest post here, but on the Why do people make such big deals at certain body parts? Why so much self hatred? thread. Seems to be a lot of cross-pollination going on between these two threads, but see the link just now provided in this paragraph, re-read his post there if desired, and then plunge down into the depths of my three-post response. Not only that, but more "domestic pet problem" posts preceded all that in that thread, so for extra credit, scroll up as well (as far as the last-halfish part of Post #165) and see some prior posts. Definitely germane to this thread, so go there and be amazed, boggled, or find yourself waking up with your forehead and slobber on your desk sometime after you get started over there.

Kinda fun/synergetic to see the posts YouAreHere and I composed independently in response to ColorsWolf's latest post here. Multiple diverse viewpoints often take the edge off the hard-to-answer questions.

Last edited by kdt26417; 11-13-2013 at 07:39 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opalescent View Post
How does one put a picture in a post? I have been unable to figure it out.
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000
m vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv../////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////....l.,lk.//////////////////////////////////////////////

Sorry. Meika tried to answer, but she doesn't know either.

I upload them to a short pic site (I can never remember them so I just google "short pic url" or something along those lines... recently I've been using http://share.pho.to/ ). Then it gives you a URL to the picture. You then click the little picture icon above the edit box (with the little mountains on it and the yellow sky) and put the image URL in the popup.

Using the albums here is probably a better idea, since that will be more stable in relation to the forum in general. My way runs the risk of the hosting site going down.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."
Old 11-14-2013, 03:07 AM
Official Greeter

Computer? a couple o' thousand bucks.

Meika composing a Polyamory.com post? priceless.

LOLOLOL now that's a valuable post in a whooole bunch of ways.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
Computer? a couple o' thousand bucks.

Meika composing a Polyamory.com post? priceless.

LOLOLOL now that's a valuable post in a whooole bunch of ways.
She also thinks she can do quantum mechanics. I haven't had the heart to tell her that muddy pawprints just aren't a valid solution to Shrodinger's equation...

... well ... except for the whole "the cat is alive" part ...

omg.

My cat is a genius.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."
Old 11-14-2013, 07:02 AM
Official Greeter

I'm tellin' ya, those genius cats are the ones that scare me. They're gonna take over the world ...
Old 11-14-2013, 07:21 AM

She totally would, too. She's already pretty sure that she's the dictator of the house. She's got the rest of us convinced, too.

Fortunately, she's not actually a genius. I love her dearly, but she's actually rather daft. It's the white one you need to watch out for. She plays dumb, but she's actually very clever. Sneaky, too.

Lucky for all of us, they have not yet evolved thumbs. God help us all if they do.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:33 AM
Official Greeter

Ahhh ... but they do have thumbs ... The only thing that's saving us is that they're not *opposable* thumbs (yet)!

Man Rainee's thumbs may not be opposable, but should I ever "shut her out" by closing the door to my bedroom, she'll jump and jump and jump (basically forever), attempting repeatedly to grab and turn that doorknob. I'm pretty sure she knows how the door works, and she can be *very* persistent when she wants into someone's life. She wants into mine at any hours day or night, so I'd never again diss her by closing that door. ("Lady Hinge" and I only manage to pull private sex off by her shutting Rainee in the other bedroom with food as a reward for her patience/indulgence. Thank God she puts up with that sans a fuss. Guess she gets how nuts about sex those crazy humans are.)
Old 11-14-2013, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
Ahhh ... but they do have thumbs ... The only thing that's saving us is that they're not *opposable* thumbs (yet)!

Man Rainee's thumbs may not be opposable, but should I ever "shut her out" by closing the door to my bedroom, she'll jump and jump and jump (basically forever), attempting repeatedly to grab and turn that doorknob.
I would prefer it if Meika could work the door knob. Instead, she just shreds the carpet until I get the message. She's got it right down to the floor boards by the front door. She's also torn out all the weather stripping on the bottom 18" outside both doors, from when I didn't hear her wanting to come in.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
She also thinks she can do quantum mechanics. I haven't had the heart to tell her that muddy pawprints just aren't a valid solution to Shrodinger's equation...

... well ... except for the whole "the cat is alive" part ...

omg.

My cat is a genius.
See? She's just reduced the equation down to the part that she can solve. Brilliant!
Xena: Poly. In relationships with Chops and Noa, and dating others.
Noa: Married, Poly. In relationships with Chops and Xena (individually).

Blog thread: A Mono's Journey Into Poly-Land (or, "Aw hell, there's no road map?!")
Slightly more polished blog with a mono/poly focus: From Baltic to Boardwalk

Last edited by YouAreHere; 11-14-2013 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Added an an extra word
Old 11-14-2013, 12:20 PM

"D'aaawwww moment" of the morning: Patches headbutting me and licking my nose. After some nice snuggle time with P, a yummeh breakfast, and now this, I may as well go back to bed. My day cannot get much better than this.
Xena: Poly. In relationships with Chops and Noa, and dating others.
Noa: Married, Poly. In relationships with Chops and Xena (individually).

Blog thread: A Mono's Journey Into Poly-Land (or, "Aw hell, there's no road map?!")
Slightly more polished blog with a mono/poly focus: From Baltic to Boardwalk

Tags
adults, animals, children, humans, pets