Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 11-18-2013, 02:08 AM

Patches, refined enough to drink from a glass:

Xena: Poly. In a relationship with Chops. Dating others.
Noa: Married, Poly. In a relationship with Chops.

Blog thread: A Mono's Journey Into Poly-Land (or, "Aw hell, there's no road map?!")
Slightly more polished blog with a mono/poly focus: From Baltic to Boardwalk
Old 11-18-2013, 02:42 AM
Official Greeter

Awww.

And some good news: I think I'll be able to log off of Polyamory.com like within the hour. (Lady Luck stay with me, I beg of thee ...) Actually caught up on intros! It's been at least two weeks since I've been caught up and ready to log off. As they say in Star Wars IV: "Alllmost thayer ..."
Old 11-18-2013, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouAreHere View Post
Patches, refined enough to drink from a glass:
Oh gosh. Meika loves glasses of water. Only she believes the proper way to drink from a glass is to tip it over and lick up the contents.

Fortunately, she knows the difference between water and other drinks, and that it's ... less inappropriate ... to knock over water. She doesn't do it with other things.

She also has finely tuned hearing for the bottled water bubbles. She even has her own dish for it. I can't decide if she actually likes the taste better, or if she just thinks it's special because Mummy drinks it.
—bisexualbaker
Old 11-18-2013, 05:16 AM
Official Greeter

Cats (like dogs) are truly unique individuals, they show it every day. Sometimes they can be fun and exasperating (not too exasperating -- just the right amount) at the same time!

Sorry about the delay, got pulled aside to watch a bit of TV. Will turn in soon and if I'm lucky I'll even get to log off of Polyamory.com, close the internet window and erase all the cookies, browsing history (from Facebook, Yahoo, you name it), etc. ... Sigh, it's been weeks since the last time I had that chance. Would be so nice ...

Gotta finish a PM and then I think I'm done. If all goes well, I'll actually be caught up on my whole Polyamory.com agenda for the ... I did mention it's been weeks, right? It's only supposed to take me one day. Oh and I've been running on four hours of sleep today so ... sure could use some real, deep-sleep rest.

[/off-topic-ness, carry on all]
Old 11-18-2013, 08:06 AM
Banned

Default if any of your animals have a bad habit of breaking and entering

EDITED BY DIRTCLUSTIT

you know Kevin,

It isn't right of me to make all sorts of slanderous accusations and then not be willing to go into detail.

that was unfair of me, my sense of humor isn't always appropriate so I can understand how either you were being light hearted or I was being oversensitive.

It not wise of me to always answer as I would as an individual, not unless it was a personal circumstance and certainly not on a poly site where making it a point to disagree doesn't help anybody who may be looking for help

Last edited by Dirtclustit; 11-18-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:47 AM

Meika's expression pretty much expresses my feelings on where this discussion is going.

—bisexualbaker
Old 11-18-2013, 11:55 AM

Can't see the pic (I haz a sad), but I'm pretty sure I know what you're getting at.

Edited to add: Whoops, never mind. I haz a happy again. Great pic.
Xena: Poly. In a relationship with Chops. Dating others.
Noa: Married, Poly. In a relationship with Chops.

Blog thread: A Mono's Journey Into Poly-Land (or, "Aw hell, there's no road map?!")
Slightly more polished blog with a mono/poly focus: From Baltic to Boardwalk

Last edited by YouAreHere; 11-18-2013 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Mystery pic hath returned
Old 11-18-2013, 08:23 PM
Official Greeter

Big huge sigh; hmmm, could it be that this thread has taken a turn back for the better after all? Ahhh, then the mods won't have to lock it. Everybody wins (and I do mean that).

Yeah, "Help, get me up on this shelf by the ceiling and keep me safe from the madness," is right. Meika gets what's what around here!

@ Dirtclustit ... wow, either you successfully boggled me with sarcasm the likes of which I'd never known could be, or you've graced upon me a profound state of surprise and relief (and I do mean that).

Don't suppose perchance humor drove some of your recent expressions? If so then, damn, I thought I knew my humor. I'm, duly embarrassed for taking it the wrong way. Sorry. Kinda cool though, to think that I might have new stuff to learn about laughs: coz I likes me some laughs, and likes learning about them too.

Re:
Quote:
"... if any of your animals have a bad habit of breaking and entering ..."
Eh heh heh; I fancy I correctly perceive that post title as a humorous one (and if not, pardon begged ...). Yes exactly: I gots to keep my pets indoors due to their habit of stealing the neighbors' stuff, snooping into their private records, infesting their computers with newly-coded viruses, and knocking over their houseplants for good measure.

Re:
Quote:
"It isn't right of me to make all sorts of slanderous accusations and then not be willing to go into detail."
Thank you; details and examples do often help me get a clue about how to do better (and comprehend a subject better as well).

Re:
Quote:
"My sense of humor isn't always appropriate so I can understand how either you were being light-hearted or I was being oversensitive."
Oh my yes, that's exactly it: I was acting quite light-hearted (no doubt in poor taste, the lack of common social sense being a talent of mine). While not using my past to excuse myself per se, I still desire to draw attention to it, particularly that part where I and my siblings collectively developed the (dysfunctional) coping mechanism of finding ways to laugh it up when the chips were down. So sometimes, when I sense I'm in deep do do, rather than making an angry display I'll prefer to make a comedic display, in hopes of "tricking" everyone into filling their lungs with a new bounty of fresh air, and with that distraction, perhaps pausing for a moment to get perspective and a reality check. So if my motives are twisted, they're still sincere.

Re:
Quote:
"It's not wise of me to always answer as I would as an individual, not unless it was a personal circumstance and certainly not on a poly site where making it a point to disagree doesn't help anybody who may be looking for help."
Right because, disagreeing is essentially harmless, but making a "point" to disagree tends to turn words into sharp nasty pointy things that get stabbed into people (even if the stabbing wasn't meant as such). So I always like to plead: Everyone, everyone, please disagree gently and respectfully as much as possible. Please don't resort to all-caps, put-downs, etc., to drive your point home. Just calmly/considerately make your point and then kindly back away to make room for others to have fair turn and opportunity to share how they think and feel about it. This way, what might have been a depressing argument, turns into an encouraging exchange of diverse ideas. Gosh, don'tcha think that sounds a lot nicer? I sure do.

Ahem, and in conclusion: Thank you for your merciful words, I was in dire need of a dose of that (and I do mean that).

Respectfully (but light-heartedly),
Kevin T.

P.S. It finally happened, I finished catching up on *all* internet to-do items, even the Polyamory.com items, closed my overworked internet window, deleted my cookies and my history and my ... ahhh, can't tell you what self-congratulating satisfaction that paid me. For the first time in weeks I slept like a baby. So yay for the little triumphs in life!

Regards to all,
Kevin.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:05 PM
Banned

Default I still hate journalists,

and their journalism/terrorist mindfucking, I think you may have mistook my respect for polyamory for respect for you, sorry bout the miscommunication big k

ETA my bad, forgot the smiley face to communicate tongue near cheek =)

Last edited by Dirtclustit; 11-18-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:01 AM
Official Greeter

Dear Big K,

Uh heh, heh ... I think I get it ... [cheek twitching]

Thank you for accidentally respecting me by respecting polyamory. LOLOLOLOL!!

Okay, ya know the real reason we need to turn our pets loose? cause they're living with masters who are *completely insane!* BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HAHHHHH ...

Wait, what happened to Sophie and Rainee ... and why are they slowly backing away from me ...

Respectful smooches,
Kevin T.

Tags
adults, animals, children, humans, pets