Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 02-05-2011, 03:42 AM

My primary love language used to be "gifts". But for me, a "gift" could be a pretty stone or an autumn leaf that my love saw that made him think of me. I actually didn't want him buying me gifts so much as just some little thing that reminded me I was in his thoughts throughout the day.

Creating your own gift certificates could be for a "service", but would offer something concrete (the certificate) at the same time.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:16 AM

I'm loving these ideas!

I'm watching the kiddos while Sunday and Asha go out tonight, so I'm in good, hee hee hee. See that bus I just threw Easy under? Poor guy. LOL.

No, really, I'm writing everything down and keeping it for a time of need, and I've made the ideas available to Easy as well. I'm not really mean wife. Really!
Old 02-05-2011, 08:35 AM

My guy has interest in historical events/places/cultures, etc., that are rather obscure and difficult to find information on. He HATES doing internet searches. I rather enjoy it. I will sometimes do an internet search for him and print copies of the articles I find to give to him to read. He LOVES it.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:24 PM

Make an old school mix tape
Old 02-05-2011, 07:37 PM

I went to a birthday party last weekend and had nothing to give the hostess. Her birthday had actually passed a week before and she was not expecting gifts... but I brought her something anyway. I brought her a bowl I made out of paper... origami. I got the instructions off the internet and me an LB made them. He is big into origami lately. It's easy, fun and you can make elaborate things that look amazing. The bowl is a good idea because you can fill it over time, or right away. You can decorate it and draw things on it too.

I like to give picture frames also... I don't give the picture quite often though. It depends on the person. I like to give a picture every now and then to someone I have given a frame too. I give one the same size so that it can be put in over the last one... A picture can be printed for under a dollar if you bring your digital camera in somewhere. Provided you have one... I figure that is a gift that keeps giving...

Derby gave me a little book once that she wrote in a bit, with the promise to write more... I really liked that.

You could make a book, a frame, a bowl.... all are gifts that I love and they have the potential to keep on giving.

Oh ya, another. I have a jar that I pasted tissue paper on so that the light shines through and makes colourful light. I put in it little sayings I like, little reminders. Little affirmations..."I am loved" "I am okay as I am" these kinds of things. I have angel cards in there and some little things I like to look at that are precious (feathers, rocks, shells, sticks, pine cones, fabric). I take something out every day and put it beside the jar so I can contemplate it. I LOVE my jar... maybe this is something she will like? You could start her off with her own jar?
Old 02-07-2011, 04:38 AM

I love the origami idea! She loves to have a seasonal centerpiece on her table, and we could certainly achieve something cool with origami.

I love these ideas. And not just for Asha...it's so nice to have ideas to do for friends that are feeling down, that won't stress my miniscule budget...

PS--I think things went well this weekend, though they started off stressful. I did manage to get in one or two gifts/acts of service.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:56 PM

Why don't you just use a flower delivery service and send her a big bouquet of flowers with a small card. I think this is the best way to say we love you and think of you. I think flowers are so expressive and you can choose a bouquet which is not too expensive so that you can afford it.

Last edited by ImaginaryIllusion; 09-22-2011 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Commercial URL removed.

Tags
love languages