Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 11-30-2013, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperskeptic View Post
To my surprise, she blew up at me: "How dare you tell me what to do! I really want to finish this conversation!"
This analogy would fit better to the "treatment" discussion if the person walking toward the manhole was talking to YOU on the phone at the time; instead of the warning party being some random stranger giving unsolicited input.

The people who come to these boards looking for advice have come to a public discussion forum where there is presumably a bank of wisdom they can tap into. They give some info about their situation, about their goals, and then ask what the other members have to offer. THEN they are given the warning about the manhole and told some other truths they very often don't care to hear and yell their "how dare you"s.

It would be difficult to express how little I care about how people arrange their love lives. I only offer my input here because I find the academic discussion of interpersonal relating interesting, and this is an appropriate place to vet my thoughts.

Me: male, 40, straight, single

Last edited by Marcus; 11-30-2013 at 03:42 AM.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:31 PM

This ties in with a writing project I'm working on right now. It's about threesomes, and of course, "unicorn hunting," etc., is something I'm going to talk about, inspired by this discussion thread--THANK YOU EVERYONE!

If any of you would be willing to pm me about your particular experience being a woman who has dated or joined an already established couple (as a couple,) or you were a part of a couple who sought out a bisexual woman to join you, I'd really love to be able to quote you. I'm interested in explaining why the "couple seeking biwoman" fantasy is so hard to make a reality, and why it works when it works or doesn't when it doesn't....

I hope a couple of you will take a second to write me about your experience in your own words, or I'll ask you a few questions if you prefer. You will, of course, remain anonymous. I promise the piece is respectful, poly-friendly, and not (overly) salacious. Thanks again for the food for thought!

Tags
unicorn, unicorn hunters