Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 02-09-2011, 08:04 PM

If they want our UGLY TV as well they can have it as well if they can move it. It took 4 men just to get it in place. It is not a flat screen but works quite well so why replace it.

We are pretty sure that one of the movers took the knives and swords (since he help to pack them up, Our mistake.) but the theft was not discovered until about 2 months later when were ready to put that stuff back on display in their cabinet and on the wall. When we contacted the moving company they told us he was no longer employed there and he was no longer living at the address we were given for him. No problem we will replace them one day.

In my city in 2009 we had more people killed in auto accidents, electrocutions, overdoes of drugs, trips and falls, poisons, and other than gun related deaths.

When you come to the U.S. your biggest fear shoudl be will I get killed in an auto accident or something not who is packing heat or not. Do not fear the honest folks here any more then you fear the folks in your own country down under.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:50 PM

My biggest fear is the idea I'll be needing to work out how to drive on the other side of the road !

You folks should be scared of me, in honesty !
Old 02-10-2011, 12:50 AM

In that case an auto accident it will be. Just let me know when you are coming to town and I will have the roads cleared for you.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella123456 View Post
My biggest fear is the idea I'll be needing to work out how to drive on the other side of the road !
When I visited New Zealand with a bunch of other New Yorkers, we rented a car and had it worked out so that the two of us in the front seat would basically drive. One was steering, the other in the passenger seat was working the clutch. This was easier for the person on the left to do, because she was used to using her right hand to do it, while the driver just focused on the wheel and pedals. Those of us in the back seat (who didn't know how to drive a stick shift) were assigned to look in the correct direction and remind the driver which lane to turn into. It was especially hard to remember where to turn on desolate roads.

Truly a team effort! Haha!

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "
Old 02-10-2011, 03:01 PM

How did this turn into a gun thread? lol

I was raised in a suburb of NYC, so no guns for my family. We are liberals.

My ex and my current gf are both from rural areas tho, and grew up with hunters. My ex stopped after he killed his first deer at 12 tho, it broke his heart.

My gf's family had periods of extreme poverty tho, and spent time subsisting on rabbit and squirrel, and deer in season.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 02-11-2011, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
When I visited New Zealand with a bunch of other New Yorkers, we rented a car and had it worked out so that the two of us in the front seat would basically drive. One was steering, the other in the passenger seat was working the clutch. This was easier for the person on the left to do, because she was used to using her right hand to do it, while the driver just focused on the wheel and pedals. Those of us in the back seat (who didn't know how to drive a stick shift) were assigned to look in the correct direction and remind the driver which lane to turn into. It was especially hard to remember where to turn on desolate roads.

Truly a team effort! Haha!
I'll have to ask how hard it was for Dave driving with the wheel on the left when he and my mum get back from Canada haha. Over in America, most cars are auto though aren't they? So I doubt it's as much trouble as you having to switch to having a stick as well as the wheel on the wrong side. =P Going to the rest of Europe, there's only the wrong side of the road to worry about usually, because you can generally take your own car. A lot cheaper than flying and renting out a different car for sure.
=]
Old 02-11-2011, 02:44 AM

No, Ive had more stick shift than automatic. Hondas, baby.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 02-11-2011, 04:08 AM

I think most rentals anymore are automatics.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:23 AM

Default Out in Uncle Sam's backyard

Bella,

I would like to strongly suggest to you a book to read, of not too great a length.

"Travels with Charlie: In Search of America" by John Steinbeck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travels...rch_of_America
Old 02-14-2011, 09:36 AM

Thanks for the book recommendation Charlie...I'll certainly read it..

I love reading about road trips almost as much as I like doing them. There's a lot to be said for getting to your destination slowly, taking the time to be small amongst the wide space..