Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Dating & Friendships > North America

Notices

Old 10-28-2013, 06:23 PM

Default A Loving Couple's Introduction

Hello, our names are Chris and Michelle. We won't say too much about who we are and what we're like because we like to leave all that for conversation. But we'll throw this out there... We are both very affectionate people, love to cuddle, love going to new places around town and occasionally enjoy going to concerts. We love being outside as much as possible. We like sunshine, people watching, the beach and conversation.

We are very happy and secure in who we are as a married couple and our relationship together is outstanding. We possess excellent communication skills - therefore we do not yell, fight etc. We are both used to a loving environment. We are happily married but we mutually agree that we have a longing for finding someone to share her life with us. To share her interests with us - an equal to love honor and cherish... some day even as our wife. Our wife, not just Chris' wife or a sister wife to Michelle. But a woman that would have a deep loving relationship with us both. So what we are looking for would be a full blown EQUAL relationship between the three of us. A closed triad (poly-fidelity triad). We are not fans of labels like primary and secondary. We want our relationship with someone to eventually become the same type of equal commitment the two of us already have with each other, but for all three of us.

We have dated a little and never did find anyone that had the same ideas of the type of relationship we are looking for. We had also tried dating separately and found shortly after, that was definitely not what we were looking for. We felt odd not involving each other in the experiences we were having separately.

We are very much real and normal people. We don't have TONS of drama in our lives and we are definitely not flakes. We are 100% into meeting someone. We currently live in the Chattanooga, Tn area but will be moving to the Los Angeles, Ca area some time next year. If you think you could be "the one" or know someone you think we should get to know... send us a message
Old 10-28-2013, 08:47 PM

You might want to move this to the Dating and Friendship area.
Also, search for triads, Unicorns, and Unicorn Hunting on this forum, might give you some ideas on further posts.

N
Old 10-28-2013, 11:35 PM
Official Greeter

Greetings Chris and Michelle,

I hope you'll find what you're looking for; the Dating & Friendships subforum might be a place to start. You sound like you have a quite positive and healthy relationship, and I'm sure there's someone out there who could benefit from being a part of it.

I think it'll help a lot that you want this third person to be on an equal par with the both of you. You'll also need to be understanding of the reality that it's often a long shot for one person to fall in love with both members of a couple (let alone fall in love with both members equally). I'm just saying, you'll probably need to be rather patient in the process of your search.

Yes, you will probably run into some complaints about "unicorn hunting." Try to take those with a grain of salt, people have often just witnessed/experienced some of the things that can go wrong in an intentional effort to form a "perfect triangle," and are probably just attempting to give you fair warning. To prepare yourself for all that, try this link: http://davidlnoble.com/so-somebody-c...nicorn-hunter/

I wish you the very best and hope you'll enjoy your time with us. Have a look around and feel free to post any thoughts, questions, or concerns you may have.

With a warm welcome,
Kevin T.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:21 AM

Thanks for the welcome :-)

We've actually been on some other sites and FaceBook groups for a while now... a couple years. And we've been actively dating for that time as well. True, there are a lot of people that bash unicorn hunting. And there is more than one definition of a unicorn as well. I'll just say this, we are not looking for the type of unicorn that is "used" to fulfill any kind of fantasy. Nor do we want to find someone just for a short time then toss to the curb. We have seen plenty of people like that, and honestly they annoy us. Because of the "using" and for what they make the rest of us look like. Plus, we don't care for using the word unicorn only because it's been used in such a negative way and so many people seem to hate the use of the word.

Soooo, this post was initially intended to be just an introduction but I got kinda carried away :-) So I'll be re-posting it in another section.

Again, thanks for the welcome!
Old 10-29-2013, 12:32 AM

Default M/F Couple Searching for Our Mrs Right

Hello, our names are Chris and Michelle. We won't say too much about who we are and what we're like because we like to leave all that for conversation. But we'll throw this out there... We are both very affectionate people, love to cuddle, love going to new places around town and occasionally enjoy going to concerts. We love being outside as much as possible. We like sunshine, people watching, the beach and conversation.

We are very happy and secure in who we are as a married couple and our relationship together is outstanding. We possess excellent communication skills - therefore we do not yell, fight etc. We are both used to a loving environment. We are happily married but we mutually agree that we have a longing for finding someone to share her life with us. To share her interests with us - an equal to love honor and cherish... some day even as our wife. Our wife, not just Chris' wife or a sister wife to Michelle. But a woman that would have a deep loving relationship with us both. So what we are looking for would be a full blown EQUAL relationship between the three of us. A closed triad (poly-fidelity triad). We are not fans of labels like primary and secondary. We want our relationship with someone to eventually become the same type of equal commitment the two of us already have with each other, but for all three of us.

We have dated a little and never did find anyone that had the same ideas of the type of relationship we are looking for. We had also tried dating separately and found shortly after, that was definitely not what we were looking for. We felt odd not involving each other in the experiences we were having separately.

We are very much real and normal people. We don't have TONS of drama in our lives and we are definitely not flakes. We are 100% into meeting someone. We currently live in the Chattanooga, Tn area but will be moving to the Los Angeles, Ca area some time next year. We like all nationalities and are also open to seeing someone in any location. If you think you could be "the one" or know someone you think we should get to know... send us a message.

Last edited by Emm; 10-30-2013 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Threads merged.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:35 AM

Well- your post is definitely interesting! Not sure if you will find what you are looking for, but it's cool that you are trying. Unfortunately, you are in the majority (couple desiring a female) so you have a lot of competition. I identify as a single woman and I date couples. I like lots of relationships though, so someone like me would never be willing to "settle down" with a couple exclusively.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:09 AM

You might want to read some of the other couple ads in the dating section, 90% of them claim they are looking for a LTR/"our" wife. It really is not a case that others are making Unicorn Hunters look bad, many people think ALL unicorn hunters look bad, so just be prepared for little to no response from single women.
However, it does seem that you both have a really happy and tight relationship some people don't have that
Old 10-29-2013, 01:58 PM

Never mind, just saw your other thread.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37

Last edited by Magdlyn; 10-29-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:44 PM

I first put this comment on your personal ad, but it's more appropriate here.

You wouldn't be able to legally marry this ideal woman, so she could never be equal, in the eyes of society or the law.

Would you 2 and this woman be completely "out" as an equal triad socially? Or would she need to be a dirty little secret to family, job bosses and colleagues? What about PDAs as a threesome? What about dating/fucking each of you separately, as well as sharing 3some time, in or out of bed?

You seem like nice people, but I wonder if you understand why you're having such a hard time finding your unicorn.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 10-29-2013, 03:35 PM

Also, please notice you are very much wrapped up into your relationship, your coupled culture. WE love to cuddle, WE have excellent communication skills, WE are both used to a loving environment. WE mutually decided that we want a girlfriend for the both of us because WE feel awkward not sharing......what about what this other woman wants?

What if SHE doesn't love to cuddle, what if he communication skills are not excellent? She has an awful lot to live up to because you come as a package deal and that equals double the pressure.

Just because you don't want to be separated does not mean any woman can take the pressure of what feels like Mecha partner, rather than two individuals...even your profile name is so enmeshed into coupledom.....no woman can ever feel like part of that it is just so.....coupled.

Do you know when a profile signs up with this sort of name "Cpl4u" "2seeks3rd" "maybe3"
"swcple" "cplseeksbif" you know that their profile will go unanswered and they just post their 'wanted' ad and never come back....if you want to stand out from this overwhelming crowd of WE WANT, than you are going to have to do a lot more than say WE WILL treat her like an equal, because you know what?? They all say that.