Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 10-24-2013, 10:53 PM

Actually, where we are IS long distance from both of our families. His is from Massachusetts, mine is from California, we are in Arkansas. M is in Colorado, though originally also from California. We would all ideally like to move to Oregon, but we need better jobs to get there. Right now T & I live on $1,000 a month, as T is on disability and I am just a waitress. M is studying to be a paralegal and once done with that he would only make $5,000 less here than where he is currently living, but the cost of living is higher there.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:09 PM
Official Greeter

Interesting what kind of personal effects the crappy economy can have on individuals (in respects that seemingly have nothing to do with economics).

I guess my advice is just keep your goal to maintain distance from your troubled families, and move to whatever state you can, if that's what's necessary to maintain that distance.

I'm sure it can't make it any easier to contemplate distancing yourselves from your parents and blood relatives. Nobody wants to do that. But you have to put your "chosen family" first -- that is, those who accept you for who you are.

Certainly, you can take the time you need to figure out exactly what your future looks like. Just don't let anyone push you into living some conservative ideal that you didn't even think of.

Sympathetically,
Kevin T.