Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Old 03-07-2011, 09:42 PM

I share nycindie's confusion.

You were aware they were sexually active, right?

It was foolish to have photographic evidence, but your daughter was snooping in her mother's email, correct?

These are her private emails. Sharing them with the family would be immoral and would not do anyone any good.

You must, of course, think of your daughter first. But I do not understand where the rage is coming from.
Hinge of a V relationship with my husband (Thumper) and boyfriend (T-Rex). Also, mother of a 6 y/o girl by my husband.

My poly story begins here. Now with new blogging action!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:21 PM

thanks and I was speaking more figuratively. The other thread explains in more detail. I'm not sure I care about collateral damage as it relates to my wife and her bf....from their words in the email traffic they were not concerned with how others felt. I understand the point of view of some to see this as a mistake or accident or even the result of snoppy daughter. Its much much more complex.... The people I told the two therapists ( man and woman) and the lawyer all listen seem to understand then spent an hr with the material and all came back with different looks on their faces and tones in their voices. The woman seemed to have had a hard time perhaps having just met with my daughter. They where all shocked.... and they seem to get it the gravity of the situation better.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:24 PM

Penny and nycindie
I understand why you are confused check out other thread in general discussion section if you want.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:10 AM

there is nothing like a picture to get the picture (and no I'm sure we don't any of us want to see them).

I'm so glad you got therapists involved quickly. With any luck they'll be able to lead your daughter through the shock and pain so she can move on with her life. She's young, she deserves to put this behind her. (not saying it will "go away", just that if she can get past it to have a full and happy life that's best).
"Love As Thou Wilt"