Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 03-01-2011, 04:45 PM

SN
I think that it's really great that you have gained insight and tools to help you with your situation. I know writing on here has forced me to have more focus and attention to all my words associated with this topic. Its has also helped process events and situations as they come. I also have gotten lots of good advice.

Take care D
Old 03-03-2011, 04:24 PM

Because of recent events I requested a meeting to discuss a months worth of stuff. I'm calling it the monthly poly progress meeting. I prepared an outline of my issues, concerns, and resulting actions on my part.... the insurance thing. I called her during the day to set up a time for this discussion....she said how about tonight after kid are asleep.... OK fine. I handed her the outline about an hour or so before she and I would be able to talk to give her a chance to see what was on my mind.

Talk time rolled around and she said she wasn't going to be able to have this discussion as planned because she has very important meeting/training and didn't want to look as if she been crying all night. But she told me that while crying so I'm not getting the difference. This meeting has been tentatively rescheduled for Sat....what a way to kill a weekend. I'm guessing she and the bf are going to have lunch today or tomorrow to discuss her response. God I'd love to hear that conversation.

To give her a clear picture of how I feel and where my mind is at I have given her full access to a journal/ legal pad I started jotting things in shortly after coming to this site. If you think I ask a lot of questions here you should see this legal pad its ground zero for questions... only a percentage of them make it here.

Some sort of understanding on the topic of "primary" will happen this weekend. My guess is the word primary is going to be dropped out of the lexicon. Will see.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:27 PM

Phew. Good luck!
Old 03-04-2011, 09:57 AM

Location: :P Cautiously looking around this new world that seems to fit...

Good luck... hugs in advance for the tough moments and... GOOD LUCK.....

did i mention...... GOOOOD LUUUUCK

Engaged to my sweetheart, WaterWolf

my blog (non-poly) Pearls & Pixiedust

Old 03-07-2011, 05:27 PM

primary or any other status is not relevant anymore and no longer of interest to me. Things blew up before any of that could happen.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:52 PM

Not sure what to say to your last comment..hope you guys are hanging in there

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 03-07-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Not sure what to say to your last comment..hope you guys are hanging in there
Sorry my friend..I just caught up on what's been happening. Take care of yourself and your daughter. Try to remember your wife is still human and is already paying for this. Her reality has just changed. Your daughter is priority now...so sad.

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 03-07-2011, 07:44 PM

Thanks mono ....I have one slight advantage I've read most of emails....studied the pictures. They should have behaved more like humans... right now I regard both of them as big balls of string or yarn.... NOT human...Yarn. I'm sure this is one of the reasons she wanted to kill herself. They've awoken a very angry sleeping giant....I'm sure my wife knows what I'm capable of but this fucking fool has NO fucking clue. I will have his head on a pike!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingedheart View Post
They've awoken a very angry sleeping giant....I'm sure my wife knows what I'm capable of but this fucking fool has NO fucking clue. I will have his head on a pike!!!!!!!
I'm confused. You did know they were sexual, right? You had already said you wanted "secondary" status. Why is it that what they do is cause for revenge? You were aware of her relationship.

You two have plenty of problems and deeper issues to handle and heal, but I don't understand why some kinky pictures is what sends you over the edge, after everything else.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 03-07-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingedheart View Post
They've awoken a very angry sleeping giant....I'm sure my wife knows what I'm capable of but this fucking fool has NO fucking clue. I will have his head on a pike!!!!!!!
Justified or otherwise, PLEASE contain your anger and resentment. I don't mean
ignore it, or suppress it, or repress it.... I mean, place it in a container that allows you to process it without resorting to violence or even threats of violence.

I say this because I fear someone's going to get hurt, and because I'd hate to see you thrown in prison.

There are lots of people who can help you with containing and processing your rage and hurt. Go to them before ruining yours or anyone elses life. Please.

River's Blog