Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Articles

Notices

Old 09-03-2014, 05:05 AM

Default Seeking Montanans for possible story on my new website

Firstly, a warm regards and hello goes out to the Polyamory community. Thank you for letting me come here to explain what I'm doing and why I'm here.

I am the editor of a Montana-based website titled Big Sky State Buzz.

Before doing this, I used to work for a daily newspaper here in Montana as the arts and entertainment reporter.

Now that I'm on my own writing for my own site, I'm exploring topics and ideas that push the envelope of what typical, conservative media corporations find acceptable.

Life on the fringe of what's "normal" per se, even though that is such a loaded term itself because what's normal to some isn't at all normal to others.

One of these topics I'm interested in is looking into poly relationships in Montana and how prevalent they may or may not be.

I did a quick search and found a few people who have posted here living in Montana in the last two years or so, but nothing current.

What I'm looking to do is not so much put a spotlight on individual people in Montana who are in poly relationships, but exploring what it means for them and how their normal lives might differ from others and ways they're similar to other, non poly couples. I'd love to look at some of the challenges that come from living in a small community, because nearly everywhere you go in Montana is a small community.

If there are any Montana folks who still have an active presence here and would like to talk about your relationships and how you've dealt with people who live near you, I'd love to chat with you for a possible story.

Thank you!

Jake Sorich
Big Sky State Buzz
www.bssbuzz.com
Old 01-31-2015, 04:52 PM

Howdy, I am from Montana. Feel free to message me!