Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 01-24-2011, 10:08 AM

Thanks flamecat and ohiogirl...that's exactly the sort of stuff I wanted to hear. General stuff about how stereotypes influence us...

or where we sit/don't sit in relation to them. It's interesting that stereotypes even exist...and that they could shape us in some way/s.

In some ways, I feel I also fit the stereotype of a redhead. I don't consider myself as someone with a fiery temper...but you would not ever be unaware if I were pissed.
In one situation I poured soup on someone's head whilst upset. The soup had well and truly cooled down though...it was actually cold, so it was only pride that was injured !
it's now quietly referred to as "the minestrone incident"

And the same goes with sex. There's been too many people comment on the difference and suggest it's b/c of my red hair. I've pretty much tried to reject that idea...it would seem ridiculous really. Surely not !

I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts if they have ever felt stereotyped in some way on the basis of a physical trait.

There's a weight conversation going on...so maybe there's other physical traits that have had influence ?
Old 01-24-2011, 04:04 PM

I love long red hair and pale skin on a woman. Most redheads I've met have actually been very pretty. Guys, not so much. Though I have a good Metalhead friend of mine who actually has tanned skin and not many freckles at all and he looks cool. I reckon he gets many of the ladies. ;D I'd definitely say I have a bit of a fetish to a cute redhead though. =] More so than other hair colours and even more so with pale skin. But the only readhead I've been with dyed her hair black, which was a shame really.
=]
Old 01-24-2011, 08:48 PM

wow as a new guy and red head and to learn there are groups that hate me or just my hair quite a shock. Never had that reaction, most women like it or at least their have been women who where bold enough to come up and say something about it. As for the temper its hard for me to judge. Although my parents might have opinion . I think it takes a lot to get me to really blow. Others may disagree their not red headed, As I get older its getting lighter and lighter someday white I'm sure. My daughter has the same she has really thick and people come up to her all the time to compliment her, I always tell her your welcome.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingedheart View Post
wow as a new guy and red head and to learn there are groups that hate me or just my hair quite a shock. Never had that reaction, most women like it or at least their have been women who where bold enough to come up and say something about it. As for the temper its hard for me to judge. Although my parents might have opinion . I think it takes a lot to get me to really blow. Others may disagree their not red headed, As I get older its getting lighter and lighter someday white I'm sure. My daughter has the same she has really thick and people come up to her all the time to compliment her, I always tell her your welcome.
Well in the turn of being hated, you are also a fetish. Their are entire groups on fetlife (a facebook for fetishists)...dedicated to red head loving.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
Well in the turn of being hated, you are also a fetish. Their are entire groups on fetlife (a facebook for fetishists)...dedicated to red head loving.
the shit learn in any given day. I can tell as young boy who had bad habit of getting himself in trouble you'll always get picked out of line up. My first trip to Ireland I thought if I ever do something really stupid and need to hide I 'm going there.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingedheart View Post
the shit learn in any given day. I can tell as young boy who had bad habit of getting himself in trouble you'll always get picked out of line up. My first trip to Ireland I thought if I ever do something really stupid and need to hide I 'm going there.
Irish girls with red hair. There is definitely a huuuuge soft spot there for me. =P
=]
Old 01-26-2011, 08:28 AM

Cool Copied from My Personal Blog:

Thought I would add this, just for fun.
I copied it from my personal blog.
LOL, Just sayin....

Vicki Vale

Bethany Cabe

Pepper Potts

Lana Lang

Mary Jane Watson

Jean Grey

Natalia “Natasha” Alianovna Romanova

Medusa

Samantha Eve Wilkins

Angelica Jones

Theresa Cassidy

Rachel Summers

and of course,

Jessica Rabbit.

Super Heroes Wives or Girlfriends who were Red Heads.

( Some of these girls were Super Heroes themselves!)

So… The odds are in my favor!

Just got to find me a guy in tights now….
Old 01-26-2011, 12:30 PM

Ohiogrl...I'm not wearing tights for ANY woman! Sorry. But if you have red hair.....All I can say is...wow.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:35 PM

Hey all, I checked in with my wife on the temper and other stuff as she has dated two other red heads before me. She thinks its more of a wives tale or folklore thing. Or at least it doesn't hold up in our cases. Instead of group that hate us red heads I wish I would have learned of some lush sun and sand filled island in which its people worship us red heads,... oh shit that wouldn't work I'd just get sun burned.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:23 PM

Ohiogrl, you could add Rita Haywood to your list. She was a red head back in the day.

I'm part of a pin up photo shoot and am taking her shoots to be my guide. I have long hunger hair that would look lovely all flowy and natural with a turquoise 50's style dress and yellow flowers in my hair. There are pictures of Rita in this style on the net.

Can't wait! Its a lot of fun posing and primping, but exhausting!
Fun weekend ahead.