Just Want to Say Thank You...and Hello

Mahogany

Hi,

I posted a couple of days ago seeking advice...information...help from anyone and anything. I was desperate. My husband and I have been married for 4 years now...just this month he admitted to cheating with another woman....for the first few days after that he explained that he still loved me more than ever, and that he was poly.

I have been through many emotions...from excitement, to angry, to confusion, to frustration....and the list goes on and on.

I found this forum from his girlfriend.....she is a great woman and I really like her.

To make a long story short....we are NOW poly...I am ultimately happy about this, but from time to time I get a bit down.

Thank you so much for your support and acceptance. And I plan to pay-it-forward real soon. I know we will be ok. I husband is so loving, caring, understanding, patient, compassionate....and his girlfriend is too :)

Welcome to the Forum.

While your intro to poly in this fashion is I think unfortunate, I'm glad to hear that you're doing well, and wish you the best in your endeavors going forward.

A warm hello

Yep, it's hard. No doubt about it.

Shiny hearts do, in time, get easier to look at directly.

Very proud of and very happy for you all.

I'm glad that it sounds like you are finding some peace through this. It must be difficult for you at times. In my own experience, when I feel any jealousy or anxiety coming up, the other woman in our relationship is exactly who I lean on. Even if the jealousy concerns her directly. There is a sisterhood there and She understands the female perspective like our men never could. I hope that the dishonesty that brought you to this place does not prevent you from being able to bond with her and share in that love and friendship. From another newbie, welcome! As we like to say in our little group, PL&O. (peace, love, and orgasms) ;)

Hiya

I'm glad you are able to work through the situation in a positive way. I know there will be ups and downs, there always are in general, but you have a great attitude so I'm sure you will do fine.

Welcome! *hugs*

Back