Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Spirituality & Polyamory

Notices

Old 01-05-2009, 07:35 PM

Default Liberated Christian Polyamory

I would first like to point out that I am not a Christian, I am a proud atheist and I plan to remain that way for the rest of my natural life until I start seeing some evidence that there is a god. Seriously.

But this website looks very sane, so if you have family members who wonder whether or not you are being true to your Christian morals, I would like to recommend a website called Liberated Christian Polyamoury, which is a website which helps people reconcile their Christian faith with their polyamorous desires.

http://www.libchrist.com/

Peace,
Jessica
Old 01-09-2009, 06:19 PM

I'm athiest too, but that's pretty cool! I'm always a fan of people feeling better about themselves whatever they believe.

And interestingly, I just came across this NPR story on these people selling Christian sex toys, which I liked for the same reason.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:18 AM

Default Christian

I am a christian living in the Bible belt of Ky. up until about 6 months ago my life was very normal, than my wife came home with a girlfriend. I didn't know I could love two people but I have fallen in love with her and my wife loves her very much also. My question is: Spiritually are we out of the will of God, 6 months ago I would say yes, but I have been doing a study on the subject and God and Jesus says, we are far better off with one mate but does not say we can't have more than one . Any help out there.

Duane
Old 04-18-2009, 07:10 AM

Default The Litmus Test

Duane,

Do you complete both women emotionally and sexually? If yes, love is at the heart of Christianity.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:33 PM

Default duane

rickrock
Thank you and I agree, most of my family and the community in which I live do not. Our relationship is almost a year old now and we still have our daysb but for the mosy part we are growing closer everyday. Again thanks
Old 05-02-2009, 06:17 PM

Duane:

I am a Christian as well. And I agree with what you have found in your research. As most of the people on here say, this life style isn't for everyone. I wish I could say I was able to be in a polyagmist relationship, but my feelings aren't open enough for it. My husband and I are happy. Though I did fall in love with someone else, it made my husband more intuned with me to fill the hole I had previously that helped to find someone else to fill it. Istill love the other person but couldn't have a family like those I hear described here, for my own personal preferences and my husbands. I wish your family all the best!!!!
Old 05-30-2009, 06:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaSideways View Post
I would first like to point out that I am not a Christian, I am a proud atheist and I plan to remain that way for the rest of my natural life until I start seeing some evidence that there is a god. Seriously.
Thank you Jessica. Christian roots declare polyamory. Jesus even went so far to promote "brotherly love" and was witnessed to have held some of disciples closely.

I don't how they reconcile the current "religion" of many "Christian" denominations with the life of Jesus; however the canonized scriptures leave some clues. The statement against the Corinthians made by Paul (who wasn't Jesus), and against the Nicolaitians by John (who wasn't Jesus) show prejudice against sexual license of many kinds. Perhaps it might be better to look at the Bible as the field of wheat which contains both food and chaff, instead of a feast of unleavened bread.

Why don't they just pray in the streets and show their piety while they murder children in the darkess? Such Pharissees!

The website you posted appears to step in the right direction instead of going down the path which leads to destruction.

Last edited by alphafour; 05-31-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:07 AM

Recent media attention has been paid to fundamentalist Mormon sects and families which continue to practice polygamy and also to certain groups which describe themselves as non-Mormon "Christian polygamists."

In light of these developments, we feel it is important to make a statement which summarizes our beliefs and distinguishes them from the beliefs of these recently publicized groups.

This statement does not contain biblical quotes to document or describe our beliefs. Various materials on this web site deal in a more detailed fashion with these beliefs and the relevant biblical material.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:45 AM

I like to go with the tenet, that Jesus wouldn't care who you love or how many you love, so long as you DO love.

Again, not a Christian.. but I think thats how it should be.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:17 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by duane View Post
I am a christian living in the Bible belt of Ky. up until about 6 months ago my life was very normal, than my wife came home with a girlfriend. I didn't know I could love two people but I have fallen in love with her and my wife loves her very much also. My question is: Spiritually are we out of the will of God, 6 months ago I would say yes, but I have been doing a study on the subject and God and Jesus says, we are far better off with one mate but does not say we can't have more than one . Any help out there.

Duane
Do you really want to follow a god that forces you to be unhappy? If god loves all of you so much. Hes poly

Tags
christianity, faith, information, polyamory, reconciliation