Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 10-13-2013, 08:42 PM
Official Greeter

Great news; hope your good luck and natural mojo continues.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:06 AM

Thanks, the mojo does continue. The woman who I met at the gathering (the nursing mother) will be here in three hours. My girlfriend seems to be fine with this. Talking with her husband seems to have solidified our relationship. I feel very strongly for her. In fact, trying to think about the woman who will be here later and who wants to sleep with me, well I thought about my girl instead. Here I'm trying to imagine those large chocolate melons and the thought was quickly replaced by an image of my girlfriends little pale limes and the beatific expression she gets when we are together. Yeah, I love her but I still make connections and now here one comes. Writing about it, it becomes clear to me that I fear losing my gf. I want to love freely but a large part of me would forgo other affections for her.

Anyway, this other woman is also married in what she says is a sexless relationship. I told her about my girlfriend and that she's primary to me but that she would give us our space (per agreement with gf). I don't know what to expect. We both wish we had slept together. We bonded, we fooled around a little, and she has time to drive 1000 miles out of her way to see me again before returning to the SE. I'm flattered that she thinks enough about me to come. She also is someone who fulfils one of my long time fantasies. I'm having the time of my life, just amazed at the magic flowing.

ATTN moderators: can I move this whole thread to the diary/blog section?

Last edited by pcflvly; 10-16-2013 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Clarify that there was open communication between all involved.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:12 AM
Official Greeter

To draw additional attention from the mods/admins, you can tap into the Moderators and administrators page.

You mentioned fearing that you might lose your girlfriend. Can you articulate what is causing this fear? Are you experiencing some "minor monogamous inclinations?"

So, this other woman is the one who lives in the Southeast? and, your girlfriend has a husband? I'm just briefly reviewing the thread so far and making sure I've got my scorecard right.

From what I understand so far, you have the sweet prospect of two relationships with two very different and beautiful women. Even if there are some obstacles between you and that prospect, it's a great thing to savor the abundance of love in the here and now.

Regards,
Kevin T.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:54 PM

Yes, minor monogomous inclinations might describe it... I'm not sure. The girl from the SE came and stayed for two days. She came to bed with me that night and we picked up where we had left off which quickly led to a condom on and, well that's as far as we got because all I could think about was my girlfriend. I lost my erection and any sexual interest in the new woman right then and there. She was disappointed and I don't blame her. I had warned her that I had some impotence issues and was able to blame the lack of desire on my reaction to the condom when in fact it was a lack of desire for her. I like her but she doesn't make me feel sexy. So we cuddled for two nights and that was luscious. I loved sleeping with her and being around her but that's all I wanted.

They are gone now and my GF, (yes, married and here in the same town) was just here... I just love her. Holding her hand, holding her... she comes over and we sit on the couch. She always comes right into my arms and no matter where I touch her, it feels like heaven to me. She always turns me on but even just holding her hand is heavenly. I held her and kissed her ear for a bit and she didn't have much time but that short hour together warmed my heart more than two days with the other girl.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:07 PM
Official Greeter

So on one level, polyamory has a natural appeal to you, but at the same time, your girlfriend is the person who your heart is rather set on. Maybe you need some more exclusive time with her before venturing too deep into the poly waters? You can always support and appreciate the "other end of the pool" regardless of what's working for you at this moment.

Keep us posted and don't hesitate to toss any questions our way.

Regards,
Kevin T.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:24 PM

oh,I would love more solo time with my gf. I can't have it though. I saw her for an hour yesterday and an hour today but she has to go home to my metamour and her children. She still can't spend the night and I really want to sleep and dream with her. That's why the visit from the other girl was so nice.We slept together. I need my married gf for love, sex, and excitement and someone else to sleep with at night. There's still the flirt for getting to know better. I don't have any questions but please continue to comment.

Last edited by pcflvly; 10-18-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:07 AM
Official Greeter

I think I see what you mean. You aren't really in a monogamous situation (given your metamour), so you do need a companion for the simple pleasures like cuddling, pillow talk, and sleeping together. I take that for granted because even though I share a lady with another guy, I still get her nighttime company every other night. The fact that we've no kids in our household also simplifies things.

I guess that's one of the reasons why it's important to remember that polyamory isn't all about sex -- or in some cases, not necessarily about sex at all. I still believe it's about romance though, as romance is a many-faceted thing. The word polyamory is pretty new to the English language and is still evolving. Sometimes people struggle to agree about its exact definition.

I think it's important for any/all romantic companions you may have to know that they each bring something special and irreplaceable into your life. It's people's individual uniqueness that makes this magic possible.

I appreciate your sharing your experiences so far, and hope you'll always find love in abundance in your life.

With regards,
Kevin T.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:03 AM

We text. Usually a couple hundred every day. We find a lot to talk about. I know though when she's busy and try not to interrupt her particularly when she's with her husband. She texts me anyway. It was funny tonight. I was out with my daughter who was busily texting her friends. I looked at my phone and said, "There's nobody texting me. My gf hasn't even texted in five hours." Right then she texts me. Synchronicity.

I haven't seen her since Thursday though. Her inlaws are in town and when they are, she can't get away. She can't get away near often enough (although she comes over every day when she can) and never for long enough. Oh we've had three to four hours together at a time and after she told him about us, she started staying longer.

She amazes me more all the time. I guess I still find it hard to believe that she even likes me much less the lengths she's gone through to have me in her life. I don't know what to do. Enjoy, right? It's bittersweet. Like I said the other day, I really want to sleep and dream with her and I'm totally jealous that your girl alternates.

It's also frustrating that liking her disrupted my feelings for someone else. If she could be with me more and didn't also have someone else, she would be enough. I mean she is just what I was looking for, who I was looking for. Obviously, she's not here tonight but so much on my mind that I have to resort to this forum to let it out. Maybe I should write some more love poetry.

Sulfurous sentiments
sweetly seduce
soaked seductress.
Sexuality sails
steamy seas
stirring synchronicity.
Satisfaction swelters,
sultriness succeeds,
sweat soaks.
Serenity.

Crisp cold cubes
chill churlishly.
Capricious,
captivating,
compassionate.
Cold caring
creates cusp,
causes cheer,
culminates
completely.
Contentment.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:25 AM
Official Greeter

I like your poem. I can see that you feel a little tore up in a way, wanting a little more time with your "main squeeze" but unable to get it because of her responsibilities to her family, and then to have that interfere with your date with the long-distance lady on top of it.

I'm sooo bad at appreciating what I have. My mind's a little better at it these days, but in my heart I'm always so full of worry and wistfulness I'm often not *there* and *present* like I should be.

I hope that someday things will somehow change a little so you can at least spend *some* of the nights with your girlfriend sometimes. Maybe that's a conversation to have someday (or has it already been tried).

Everyone needs a "bed buddy." My Lady is not with me tonight, but my cat usually joins me and she's a good friend. Sometimes it helps just to know that you're not alone.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcflvly View Post
ATTN moderators: can I move this whole thread to the diary/blog section?
Done!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein