Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 01-22-2011, 05:18 AM

My son and I have red hair too (mine needs some help from a bottle to cover up the grays these days). My mom, 2 of my brothers, and one of my sisters are redheads too.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redevil View Post
My mom and sister dye theirs red, well only my sister these days but..

I have already warned both my guys..the boys (we have 2 between us) they aren't allowed to date redheads. I know how those girls think!
Colourful people are interesting. Full stop...

Rainbows are pretty
Old 01-23-2011, 12:10 PM

Red face You are correct, young lady

My wife is a redhead and she is wild. I think you are on to something here.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:41 AM

Though they don't deserve it, redheads are often given a bad reputation for no purpose at all. Red-haired contributors were recently told they were no longer accepted at the world's biggest sperm bank, and red head discrimination could be an actual phenomenon. We have different styles and different taste when it comes in choosing the perfect dress and look that we like. Some would have a weird haircut or hair colors but, that's us. We can change our looks for the better but other people must understand and respect our decisions. Danish sperm bank no longer takes donations from redheads. What's wrong with that, i mean what's their explanation why redheads can't anymore become a sperm donor?
Old 09-24-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KharlaJ View Post
Though they don't deserve it, redheads are often given a bad reputation for no purpose at all. Red-haired contributors were recently told they were no longer accepted at the world's biggest sperm bank, and red head discrimination could be an actual phenomenon. We have different styles and different taste when it comes in choosing the perfect dress and look that we like. Some would have a weird haircut or hair colors but, that's us. We can change our looks for the better but other people must understand and respect our decisions. Danish sperm bank no longer takes donations from redheads. What's wrong with that, i mean what's their explanation why redheads can't anymore become a sperm donor?
Basically, it's a supply and demand kind of thing. They have a surplus of sperm from red haired donors and demand is way down. From their experience, people only select that particular sperm type if a) the father who will raise the child is red haired or b) the family is of Irish decent. They aren't saying they will never take those donations again, but they are at or over their quota.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KharlaJ View Post
Danish sperm bank no longer takes donations from redheads. What's wrong with that, i mean what's their explanation why redheads can't anymore become a sperm donor?
It's explained in the article.

Quote:
Cryos maintains it has “nothing against redheads,” but that there is little demand in the 65 countries it provides services in for red hair, outside of Ireland. Also, in Scandanavian donors the company will now only accept those who have brown eyes.
Redheads were looked down upon in early Christian art, where the lustful Mary Magdalene and the "traitor" Judas were depicted as redheads.

Perhaps it was because the dark haired Celts and Mediterranean peoples were being invaded by the blonde and redhaired Goths/Vikings of Scandanavia. Blondes are seen as stupid, and redheads are seen as too fiery and hotheaded to be trusted?

OTOH, red hair was very popular amongst ancient Greek women, who wore red wigs, or dyed their hair with henna. They made their blonde and red wigs from the hair of German slaves.

In 16th century England, women’s wigs were often dyed red as a compliment to Queen Elizabeth, who had naturally red hair.

Personally I hate discrimination of any kind. It's a terrible shame that ginger kids are being beat up based on their hair color. Stupid humans will fight about anything.

I know I disliked red hair as a kid, but somehow I did a complete turnaround, and started to love them, and red beards as well.

My gf is a light brunette with red highlights. Soon after we met, she made the decision to go auburn and has never stopped.

My oldest daughter is strawberry blonde and started coloring her hair red at age 5.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37