Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 09-28-2013, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingRadiance View Post
When I had my meltdown that Maca thought was going to "end the world", it was over my shirts.
I thought it was your shoes. Don't you and Maca have it in your agreement that no one he dates can borrow your shoes, or was that someone else? I don't know why that popped into my head!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 09-28-2013 at 02:45 AM.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:56 AM

We do have an agreement about shoes and clothes! LOL!
Because there are SO MANY PEOPLE in my life I do comfortably share clothes with and Maca and I wear the same size shoes-so we frequently share our shoes.
But-I'm not comfortable with sharing those things with someone else "just because" they are his lover. If they aren't MY friend-I'm not there. LOL!

Just weird twists I suppose.

Just yesterday my oldest popped in to drop the grandbabies off. I was watching them while she and hubby went to a wedding. On the way here, she found out she was being asked to stand in as the "best man". She freaked over her shirt and begged me to find her something to wear in my closet.
So off my shirts went. She's been known to wear my shoes too-which drives Maca nuts when it turns out they are HIS shoes. LMAO!

Anyway yes you did remember that correctly. My meltdown started over shirts-because he tends to go for big breasted women-and since my surgery, mine are little. I melted down over my nice shirts being ruined.

ALL asinine in a large way-because it never occurred to HIM to consider the possibility of loaning a lover my clothing. But-when he realized that I had actually loaned his ex-gf clothing before, he understood how it popped in my head.

ANYWAY!
Old 09-28-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starmonkey View Post
Has anyone had the experience of temporarily closing an open relationship when someone is having a really difficult time? I'm not talking about a few pangs of insecurity or jealousy, I am talking about crippling emotional meltdowns where one of the partners can't function at all.
This has happened with my girlfriend, and I was wondering how other people have handled this - and how it turned out.
Well. This summer, while I wasn't having a crippling, can't function meltdown, I was really stressed out for a while over non poly related issues in my life. My bf of almost 2 years chose that time to initiate relationships with 3 other people. I guess his NRE had suddenly worn off! I kind of ended up losing it on him, since with all I was going through, I didn't have emotional energy to get used to how these 3 new people would impact our life together.

We didnt really resolve it to my satisfaction. He said he wasn't willing to slow down with any of them.... but then, one of them kept not making it to dates, or Ginger himself would come down with an illness and not see this guy... so it kinda petered out. He met one of the women and didnt feel a big spark. I think she's still PMing with him some, but no further dates set. The final person lives 50 miles away and was also recently diagnosed with herpes 1 and 2. So, the intensity of a few weeks ago has simmered down despite our unsatisfactory discussions.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37

Last edited by Magdlyn; 09-28-2013 at 04:28 PM.