Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 06-02-2014, 04:46 AM

Yes he is an 8 week old Rottie puppy.
In a V relationship with an average 60/40 split of time. Only due to Murf's and Butch's crappy work schedules.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:30 PM

So ridiculously cute! Congratulations on the new family member

- Moonlight, single, leans monogamous, girlfriend since 6/2012
- Punk, married guy, poly, FWB since 9/2011 with an emphasis on the "F"
- No longer lives with ex-boyfriend Fly (1/2006 - 12/2013, my introduction to nonmonogamy, ultimately amicable breakup), and his 10-year-old son Kiddo
Old 06-23-2014, 02:08 PM

I have to say, had the realization I have two wives recently as well. With the crap wife #2 had been going through with school and everything, while helping her deal with it, realized that she's my wife as well. Pretty awesome feeling
Old 07-01-2014, 04:00 AM

Life has been the same as always.

Peaceful, quiet, boring...lol.

I read a lot of blogs and posts here on the boards. I must be the weird one here. I have no drama. I do not get hurt if my guys have a hiccup in their libido, their work schedules, or if Murf doesn't text at midnight.

I have learned to focus on the big picture. To not sweat the small stuff so much. My life while it has its bumps I am blessed. I have two awesome guys. Are they perfect.. Hell no but neither am I.
In a V relationship with an average 60/40 split of time. Only due to Murf's and Butch's crappy work schedules.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagferi View Post
... I must be the weird one here. I have no drama. I do not get hurt if my guys have a hiccup in their libido, their work schedules, or if Murf doesn't text at midnight.

I have learned to focus on the big picture. To not sweat the small stuff so much. My life while it has its bumps I am blessed. I have two awesome guys. Are they perfect.. Hell no but neither am I.
Nope, not the only one - for me it's hard to blog - "Yup, everything is fine. Life is good." The bumps ... are just regular bumps - last week work was stressful and I was in a bad mood, came home to not ONE clean dish in the house and three WEEKS of trash waiting to go out - had to have a "come to Jesus" talk with the boys... That's about it for drama...
Lotus: poly bi married female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS (1+ years)
+ "others" = FBs, FWBs, lover-friends, platonic G/BFs, boytoys, etc.

My poly blogs here:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe
Old 07-09-2014, 10:58 PM

All I can say life is good... as it has been lately.

The puppy keeps growing like a weed. He is a little too smart for his own fuzzy good sometimes. When I miss Murf I snuggle the little beast. Murf bought him for me to keep me safe when we are apart. He heard me talk of my last Rottie and how I wanted another. (I lost my other Rottweiler in 2002.) For Valentines day he bought me a stuffed one and told me he would get me another someday. When my favorite breeder had a litter he got me the monster. He loves the breed too. Except he has never had a puppy of his own. His last puppy was over 13 years ago and that was his parents dog.

Tomorrow we (Butch, the kids and I) going to an amusement park with my boss, his family, and other friends. Murf is stuck working.

This weekend I get a solo weekend with Murf. No kids and Butch is keeping the puppy since we have big plans all weekend and it is too hot to take the puppy. He doesn't deal well with the heat.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:10 AM

I had a nice quiet weekend with Murf. We didn't get to do everything we wanted due to the weird unpredictable weather we have been having this summer.

The kids, puppy, and I went over yesterday to see him for an overnight. He has been under a lot of stress lately. I pains me to see him upset, and it kills me I can not fix it for him. All I can do is be supportive and strong.

The kids are having an "awesome summer." Which makes me smile. Last summer we had a lot of financial stress in both homes. This year they have gotten to do a lot more. Several trips to amusement parks. Outings to other events. A new puppy.

The puppy is getting huge. He has proven himself quite the protector. He does not like strange men anywhere near me or the kids. If Murf or Butch is around he watches but lets them handle things. If they are not he is on duty. This morning I took him outside to go to the bathroom. I took him outside to go to the bathroom this AM the neighbor has a landscaping company doing her yard work. Well the one guy crossed the property line and got too close to Murf's classic car he had out of the garage washing and shit hit the fan. He backed the man back across the property line snarling at 15 weeks. Once he was back across the line he just quietly laid down and put himself between the man, myself, and the car.

Then when I ran our bags out to my car with I parked across the street when Murf was with me he laid at his boundary line and watched. When I ran another bag out solo he came along at a perfect heel.

Murf witnessed it all... He rewarded him with some steak when he thought I wasn't looking. I teasingly chastised Murf for giving him people food. He said he is doing the job I got him for to protect you and the boys and to keep you company when I can not be there.

Old 07-18-2014, 03:05 PM

D'aaaaaaawww...
Xena: Poly. In relationships with Chops and Noa, and dating others.
Noa: Married, Poly. In relationships with Chops and Xena (individually).

Blog thread: A Mono's Journey Into Poly-Land (or, "Aw hell, there's no road map?!")
Slightly more polished blog with a mono/poly focus: From Baltic to Boardwalk
Old 07-18-2014, 03:13 PM

Adorable
Old 07-18-2014, 04:24 PM

Your puppy is adorable. I just love rotties. My little dog, C is a collie cross and when he was younger, I also had 2 bullmastiffs. They have both passed away now but both C and I remain thrilled whenever we meet one of the large, mastiffy types.

Just to give another perspective, it could be that your puppy is going through a fear stage and is reacting defensively out of fear. Fear stages happen to all puppies and reacting defensively is very common in the guarding breeds - as is becoming suspicious of strangers.

If he were my puppy, I would seek to support him through it and make sure that he has lots of positive experiences with new men. He will likely never need to do anything more to protect you than hang around and look like a Rottweiler. Threatening behaviour toward humans very often results in dogs being executed and my opinion is that it is important that dogs - especially large ones - don't feel the need to do it.

My mastiffs and I had an agreement. I dealt with people who we're being weird or threatening. Their job was to stand around and let me. Worked a treat. :-) Most of the worrying folk were just drunk or high (I live in a rough area) and no real threat. Most of them just wanted to chat about dogs for a few minutes.

I'd have a criminal record by now if my mastiffs had 'protected' me from strange men (or women). It's a criminal offence in the UK for dogs to threaten people.

IP