Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 05-09-2014, 02:33 AM

Thank you...

I really need to be better at keeping up with this blog.

Murf fixed my car... it is so quiet now. That damn flex pipe I guess is a taurus issue. It took Murf and my fil 40 minutes. Total cost $40, Chinese food, and ice cream. Also some sexy time...lol.

Butch has hit a hicup with Ally. I am staying out of it.
In a V relationship with an average 60/40 split of time. Only due to Murf's and Butch's crappy work schedules.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:10 AM

Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.

I follow your blog. This is much more enjoyable than constant dysfunction and chaos. I am horrible at commenting on people's blogs, and I am catching up while my son is napping and the girls are gone to school.

Happy (early) Anniversary to you and Murf.

Three jobs? Dag, you just made me want to take a nap. I hope you do not burnout. What is life without a bit of craziness? I hope you land the job, though. Sending good vibes your way.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:15 PM

This is a rare Friday when I find myself solo. Butch's job called him in on his day off to work a double. He had no choice which cut short my time with Murf since the boys had a half day of school. I am not upset about being alone. Butch's job is severely understaffed and it is starting to grind on our family.

I enjoy time to myself. It is the fact that my plans time and time again have to be shelved due to large entities who don't have their crap together.

All I wanted to do today was have the chance to curl up with Murf in bed until this afternoon. He works 6pm to 6am. I would have loved to have napped with him until he woke up.
In a V relationship with an average 60/40 split of time. Only due to Murf's and Butch's crappy work schedules.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:40 AM

Life is still pretty good.

Things between Murf and I are going well. I got to have a nice kid free day with him yesterday and this morning. I got to sleep in snuggling up with him. I hate to say it I sleep so much better with him than Butch. He has had some concerning health issues as of late. But at our age it isn't too unexpected. Yet I am thankful for everyday I have with him.

Today we went to the local health food store to pick up some homeopathic remedies for the cold Murf thinks he is coming down with. We had to buy a lawn mower for the house today. Got a nice John Deere mower for $30. Used but works perfect. I mowed the yard while he trimmed trees.

Afterwards we snuggled as we watched tv before I had to head to the other house. We had a quickie before I had to go to be home in time for the kids.

Butch and I have hit a bump or two. He just does not respect my boundaries re the whole BDSM issue. He also has lately been trying to play the couple privilege card. I had to put an end to that.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:35 AM

Nice blog Dagferi. Although you may think your life is boring, I"m glad someone is blogging about a MFM V relationship.

All of us are straight
Old 05-27-2014, 07:35 PM

Spent the day yesterday with Murf and the kids. Had a very good time.

Butch is having a hard time. Things are not going with Ally. She keeps putting off meeting him. It is always one excuse after another. It has been WEEKS now. I feel for him. I go into Momma bear mode when someone hurts my men. Either any of them.

Since Benny passed away (our male Scottie). I have been toying with the idea of getting back into working dogs. We currently have Monkey a 12 year old Westie (Who is still quite spry). Fiona who is a 4 yo Scottish terrier. Fiona is quite the intense little personality and very independent. (She is the dog version of me...lol) But terriers are very much one person dogs. They love us all BUT Monkey is my boy. Fiona loves Butch above all else but she doesn't NEED his undivided attention. The boys, Moose and Squirrel, love the dogs. BUT terriers are not kid dogs. Squirrel especially wants a dog that he can pal around with.

Yesterday when out with Murf's friends they have a Rottie/Husky cross. Squirrel wore the poor dog out. I grew up with Rotties and Dobies. It is time for a big dog. Thursday we will be going to look at puppies. It will give something for Butch to focus on too. Plus Murf wants a Rottie. So the pup can travel back and forth with me when Butch is working. I work at a vet so I can do the shots. And vet care is cheap for me.

I am excited.
Old 05-30-2014, 01:37 AM

Default have you considered posting about how you opened up your marriage with Butch?

have you considered posting about how you opened up your marriage with Butch? Or did I miss this somehow? How did you broach the subject with him? How did it go?

Thanks
Kipling
Old 06-02-2014, 01:17 AM

I have mentioned how I found myself in a poly situation in other threads.

The short version is before I met Butch. I would flit from monogamous relationship to monogamous relationship like a butterfly going flower to flower. I found my eye wandering about 9 years into my marriage. I was honest with Butch and he brought up polyamory as an alternative to divorce.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:18 AM

My new baby.... loving this puppy.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:54 AM

That is an adorable puppy. Rotty?

In a V with
- Liam, 52 y/o straight male (married, 14 years)
- Jai, 41 y/o bi male