Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 11-22-2013, 10:20 PM

I've read all this blog. How fascinating! Thanks for sharing! I'm glad you seem happy, though it seems that Butch has SERIOUS boundary issues that squick me out. :/ Speaking as someone who is into BDSM: the worst thing is to ignore someone's "no."

A: Poly boyfriend since 9/17/13, currently sexually open and not seeing other romantic partners but open to such in the future
Old 11-22-2013, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagferi View Post
He came home I told him the pizza was a special thing ordered for the kids by Murf. The awhile took the leftovers to work. It was ordered for the kids NOT Butch. So the kids were hurt when they wanted the leftovers. He didn't ask he just took it.
Sounds like it's time for a family meeting. I'd guess this isn't the first time Butch, just raids the fridge for leftovers, with no consideration for others in the household and likely not the first time it's annoyed you either. Possibly... there may have also been a misunderstanding, where he didn't connect your statement that the "pizza was ordered for the kids", to include the leftovers. SOP in my house, is that left overs are fair game, even if it originally was for something special (including most restaurant leftovers) - in the special cases, I put notes on the food I don't want touched. Time to discuss it as a family and make some new rules or at least spell thing out in more specifics.

My husband doesn't stand up for himself either, lets his employers take advantage of him. Drives me crazy!
Old 11-24-2013, 01:37 PM

Sometimes Butch doesn't think thing through. I explained to him why I was pissed off about the pizza after he came home that night and asked why I was grumpy. I explained that the pizza was bought for the boys as a treat. There were many other choices in the fridge to take. That if I say something was bought special for them don't eat it. Or at least ask.

This weekend spent some quality time with Butch and the kids. Today I am working at the vet office. Murf is working this weekend.
In a V relationship with an average 60/40 split of time. Only due to Murf's and Butch's crappy work schedules.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:22 PM

Today at work its slow.

But every single crazy person with pets has found me today.

None have the money to get their pet treatment and we are horrible because we can not afford to treat their pets on an IOU. Why should we trust you if you can't even get credit.
In a V relationship with an average 60/40 split of time. Only due to Murf's and Butch's crappy work schedules.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:18 PM

Had a lovely Thanksgiving. Had an early dinner with Butch, Murf and the boys before Butch had to head into work.

Then Murf the kids and I went to Murf's parents. Saw family and had a good time.

Spending the weekend with Murf and the kids., tomorrow Murf is surprising the kids with a trip to an entertainment place like chuck e cheese or Dave and busters. Then a trip to toys are us.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:46 AM

Today has sucked ass. Sorry to be blunt.

Butch and I had to send our 11 yo Scottie dog over the rainbow bridge this morning. He had a massive stroke and begin having seizures. There was no coming back from it. I can compartmentalize and detach myself involved in the euthanasia of a clients pet. My own is heart wrenching.

My eyes are swollen.. I have a headache. I am of course at work at the vets office.

Moose and Squirrel are brave little troopers at 10 and 6 they demanded to come along and see their dog off to his last breath. Butch couldn't bring himself to come along. This was his heart dog and he is devastated. I had to bring along my 11 yo Westie to see his buddy over the bridge. In 11 yrs they have never been apart and my Westie was freaking out over his friend before we headed off to the vet. He needed to know what happened to his housemate so he wouldn't look for him.

The youngest dog has been quiet and not her self.

Just waiting hoping my day can be over anytime now. I am not in a good state of mind to be here at work.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:52 AM

So sorry about your family's loss.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:27 PM

So sorry...
Xena: Poly. In relationships with Chops and Noa, and dating others.
Noa: Married, Poly. In relationships with Chops and Xena (individually).

Blog thread: A Mono's Journey Into Poly-Land (or, "Aw hell, there's no road map?!")
Slightly more polished blog with a mono/poly focus: From Baltic to Boardwalk
Old 12-03-2013, 03:18 PM

I'm sorry for your family's loss. It's so hard to loss a pet.

Your children did something it took me until I was an adult to fully understand. For me, it's better to be there when they pass.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:40 PM

Such strong children. I'm very sorry for your loss
Stakes - very intimate friend
Ironically named Farmgirl - local interest