Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 09-27-2013, 01:08 AM

Used my diaphragm for the first time last night! I first inserted it while sitting on the toilet, but I couldn't get it into the correct position. I could definitely feel it! So I squatted down as the pamphlet suggested and things went much better. I was still concerned it wasn't in correctly, though all of a sudden I couldn't feel it and it was right, if you know what I mean. I laid down and tried to feel it, and it did seem ok. I was a little worried that I couldn't confirm it was where it was supposed to be! My boyfriend took a look, and he was just as clueless as me. Lol

Neither of us could feel it during sex, and it was easy to remove, after.

We were having active, vigorous sex for a couple of hours and I never felt it shift or anything. He didn't finish in me, so I can't yet speak to how that would be, but so far I would assume it would be a non-issue.

Thanks again everyone!
Old 09-27-2013, 05:09 AM

What happens if your man is pretty large and he hits your cervix anyway? Would the diaphragm hurt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
Used my diaphragm for the first time last night! I first inserted it while sitting on the toilet, but I couldn't get it into the correct position. I could definitely feel it! So I squatted down as the pamphlet suggested and things went much better. I was still concerned it wasn't in correctly, though all of a sudden I couldn't feel it and it was right, if you know what I mean. I laid down and tried to feel it, and it did seem ok. I was a little worried that I couldn't confirm it was where it was supposed to be! My boyfriend took a look, and he was just as clueless as me. Lol

Neither of us could feel it during sex, and it was easy to remove, after.

We were having active, vigorous sex for a couple of hours and I never felt it shift or anything. He didn't finish in me, so I can't yet speak to how that would be, but so far I would assume it would be a non-issue.

Thanks again everyone!

Husband: Mid 30's. Maybe Poly but not monogamous. Swinger.

Beaner: My recent ex and my first poly relationship.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:45 AM

I don't think it would add anything to the pain of being rammed in the cervix, actually. It is just a thin silicone cup thingy - not much of a barrier. My boyfriend was in there fairly deep at times, and it didn't cause any discomfort.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:48 AM

I found it easiest to insert it lying on my back on the bed. That's just what worked for me. I sure didn't want to stop the action, go to the bathroom and fuss around with it. Once it's in, just run a finger around the edge of it and make sure it's all around the cervix.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 58, living with:
miss pixi, 37, who is dating (NRE):
Master, 32