Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 09-06-2013, 01:17 PM
Ariakas Ariakas is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeouskitten View Post
It is interesting isnt it? now that you mention it, a guy recently shaved his beard and i was instantly less atracted to him. i love facial hair (though again, BF has none and i still find him very attractive)


If you say you also have long hair Im gonna start hitting on you. (i kid i kid)
nope.. short usually very short.

I dumped the long blond hair when I was in my teens. Doesn't really work in the type of work I have done in my life
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Derbylicious's Avatar
Derbylicious Derbylicious is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 1,603
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post
nope.. short usually very short.

I dumped the long blond hair when I was in my teens. Doesn't really work in the type of work I have done in my life
You were blonde? Can't picture it.
__________________
Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok it's not the end.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Ariakas Ariakas is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derbylicious View Post
You were blonde? Can't picture it.
Ya my hair was the colour of your sons actually. As I aged, and in turn stopped having so much time in the son, it darkened.

If I spend the summer on a beach, it goes right back to being blond (at least it has in the past).. .. tan, blonde with blue eyes..
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Legatia Legatia is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 9
Default

I personally don't get why many short women prefer tall men, but whatever floats your boat :P You've added that it's not only his height that bothers you, though, so IMO, there's nothing wrong in cancelling the date.

I'm 5'1 and though I personally prefer short men(it's much more easier to kiss and cuddle), I don't really care. J is 5'2 and O is 6'1... With O, even if I stand on the tip of my toes, he still has to bend over to kiss me... It's not a huge issue, or I wouldn't be dating him, but it definitely isn't an advantage :P
__________________
Me: 26 years old female, pansexual, poly.
J: 35 years old male, straight, possibly poly, husband to be
O: 25 years old male, straight, possibly poly, new boyfriend.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Vinccenzo Vinccenzo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 343
Default

Yeah its the opposite for me on the height. I'm short so once a guy's height is beyond 6', my interest goes down with every inch. Some guys are clumsy. The 6'4" one that fell on me made an impression. Literally.
Most I've dated were still, to varying degrees taller. I rarely meet men my height.

For me its dark hair. I just don't dig on blonds. Or blondes for that matter.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-08-2013, 11:51 PM
Dirtclustit Dirtclustit is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Middle of Oregon
Posts: 431
Default Not wrong at all to cancel a date

but you might be wise to just not make plans for a second one. You wouldn't be the first person to have another person change your view on life and what you once thought you knew for sure.

There are many stories about how a person would never be able to be with someone who was _____, that is until I met so and so. So maybe keep that one date just to make sure you aren't one of the people who live their whole life and retain the viewpoint of never being attracted to anyone shorter than 5'11", but only because you cancelled that date

But then there to, you might find you know for sure you can't be with a short person because you dated every single person available, if you would regret wasting all that time, then cancel the date. I subscribe to the "you never know" theory because life is peculiar.

Last edited by Dirtclustit; 09-08-2013 at 11:54 PM. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-09-2013, 12:24 AM
alibabe_muse's Avatar
alibabe_muse alibabe_muse is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North Idaho
Posts: 346
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtclustit View Post
But then there to, you might find you know for sure you can't be with a short person because you dated every single person available, if you would regret wasting all that time, then cancel the date. I subscribe to the "you never know" theory because life is peculiar.
I did cancel. The height thing with this guy didn't help to keep my intetest in meeting.

Yes, you are right "you never know". I have been talking with a diffeent guy, 5'8, and have plans to meet next weekend. I know I do have a height preference but in reality, it boils down to a personality preference more than any thing.

I think I should have titled this "What's Your Preference" rather than my OP Title.

Last edited by alibabe_muse; 09-09-2013 at 12:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-09-2013, 06:28 PM
gorgeouskitten gorgeouskitten is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New England
Posts: 364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post

If I spend the summer on a beach, it goes right back to being blond (at least it has in the past).. .. tan, blonde with blue eyes..
ohhh stop ::fanning myself:::
__________________
keep on keeping on
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-10-2013, 11:57 PM
MsChristy's Avatar
MsChristy MsChristy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: East Coast
Posts: 87
Default

Back when I was single and monogamous I always said I had a "type." I liked men with light complexions, with blonde or light brown hair, blue eyes. Tattoos were a huge plus. Fast forward to when I started dating on-line and I met my now husband. He was the polar opposite of my "type." He has dark black hair, dark skin (he is often mistaken for Arab or Hispanic), brown eyes, and he hates tattoos. I knew this before we first met in person, but opted to meet him anyway because I had come to realize through phone calls and e-mails that he had a wonderful personality. Now had his personality not been as obvious before we met would I have chosen to meet him? Probably, but who knows if it would have gone anywhere.

I have come to realize that for myself I should try to not let my opportunities in life because of someone's outward appearance. Oh, and it turns out I am not my husband's "type" either. He prefers bigger women, with curves, while I am a size 2 girl who still has the body of a teenager.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-12-2013, 11:12 PM
sdguitarguy's Avatar
sdguitarguy sdguitarguy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 37
Default

Quote:
I personally don't get why many short women prefer tall men
Why do some men like big breasts? Personal preference. But these superficial characteristics are deceiving.

Online dating is bass-ackwards to me. It encourages people to make judgements based on superficial characteristics such as height, weight, age, etc. and rule out people because they are just over the line: too old, too young, too short, too fat.

Meeting people at parties or meet-ups, however, you make a connection and the chemistry comes first. When you find the right chemistry, the "list" that was so important goes out the door.
__________________
Me: 55 straight male in a W
- Primary: C - poly female - together since 2009
-- Her BF A: poly male

- My GF: K - poly female, sub
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
decision-making, independence

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:58 AM.