Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 08-28-2013, 09:53 PM

Smile Hello hello!

Hello! You can call me Sky. My wife and I are pretty new to this whole poly thing and I thought it would be a good idea to try to meet some new people that I can talk about the things going on with, since we're pretty tight-lipped about who we tell about it within our circles of friends and family.

My wife, M, and I have been married for a little over 3 years, together for 6. We've recently just decided to involve a third person, R, in our relationship. R knows plenty of poly people, so she definitely has a better understanding of how things work than M and I do.

This is all still pretty new - R entered our life in a more romantic sense about a month ago - and M is still trying to figure out how to deal with all of this, since she has been mono the entire time, though she isn't sure if that's because she wants to be or because society tells her she has to be. R is adamant about being romantically involved with both of us or neither of us, and both M and I prefer this. So, yes, if you want to call R a unicorn, I suppose you can?

We're all pretty much walking carefully through all of this, communicating at every turn, and trying to see if this is something that can work for all of us. So, any advice or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. ♥
Old 08-29-2013, 09:43 PM
Official Greeter

Hello Sky,
Welcome to our forum.

You might find the Golden Nuggets board to be helpful, it covers a lot of the basics in polyamory. You can explore our site in general, and post any thoughts, questions, or concerns that arise. R is also a valuable resource for you. If you can, get to know some of the poly people that she knows.

Keep working on the communication part, as that's probably the most important part in polyamory. Taking it slow in small steps is probably a good idea also.

Hope Polyamory.com proves to be helpful for you.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:04 AM

Thank you! ♥ I've been lurking on the boards for a few weeks now, trying to sort out a few things, and it's definitely helped! Thanks for the link, as well! I'll definitely take a look at that!