Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 08-04-2009, 10:18 AM

I love music. I genearally Listen to whatever catches my ear or my mood at the time. Music is very important to me. Marks important moments in my life. I generally dont like heavy rock.. Im Not a HUGE fan of Country either..and i do enjoy classical music on occasion.

I tinkle with the piano...I can play a little tiny bit... I sing but probably shouldnt. lol
Brought me here...
And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday
And I know that I am
I am, I am
The luckiest..
~ Ben Folds five ~
Old 08-04-2009, 01:21 PM

I've often said I wish my life had a soundtrack. Even the bad times woud be easier and more entertaining.

I like most music except country (though some is alright) and the new rap (after the 90s as Vandalin said). I often discover I'm singing to myself in public after I get several funny looks. My voice isn't bad but I wouldn't get up on stage.

I can play recorder and some keyboard but have no real musical talent. It was just something I never got around to learning. Does dating singers/lead guitarists count for anything? lol
Old 08-04-2009, 03:57 PM

Default Music - Like a Breath of Air

Ah music ... most can't live without it and I can say that I fall into that category.

Been writing and singing since teen days. Play 12string 6string Guitar and the Mandolin. These days my tastes include Celtic - Tempest, Molly's Revenge, Ken O'Malley to name a few. In decades past there was heavy influence from James Taylor, Harry Chapin, Jethro Tull, and Moody Blues.

First Band was the Iowa Garage Band "Cannabis Cummings and His Burnt-out Buddies"

So the circle turns but where would we be with out the music?

Just Me,
Tim
Round & round the circle goes.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:27 PM

Thumbs up

*jumps up and down* Oo! oo! im a musician! I play guitar i win!

Haha but seriously, ive been playing for about a year (not hardcore but teaching myself when i get time) i love to play, ive got 3 guitars as of now. My B.C. Rich warlock revenge series electric, my washburn acoustic, and my oscar schmidt washburn acoustic. My schmidt needs a bit of work on it yet, ive gotta get stopers for the string holes. My other washburn needs a knew g tuner because for some odd reason it stripped itself -_-

Guitar has always been a way for me to express myself and let out frustration. I love to just look up a song that has a great rythmic tone to it. I was learning to play "My land" by Sonata Arctica until my Gstring broke on my electric (noticing a pattern with the g, eh)

Last edited by berserker239; 08-04-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:17 PM

awesome.

I am at my parents home now visiting and get to play the old upright piano I had as a child. MAN that brings me back. I forgot how much I love to play it!!
Old 08-05-2009, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaywardDruid View Post
First Band was the Iowa Garage Band "Cannabis Cummings and His Burnt-out Buddies"
Where at in Iowa? I hail from the backwater known as Oskaloosa.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandalin View Post
I am a musical person...kinda. I know how to play piano, keyboards (xylophone etc.), spatterings of percussion, oboe and violin although I'm not sure if I can recall much violin as that was 4th grade. The instruments I know how to play I don't play very well as I never get to practice, but it usually starts coming back when I do get the chance.
As I mentioned before, I almost completed a degree in music. To add more detail to that, I'm a trained percussionist. I picked up woodwinds and brasswinds in pedagogy classes. The menagerie of instruments we have here includes a marching snare drum, a marching bass drum, a shell kit (drum set), a few darbukas, several defs, a couple of riqs, a hammered dulcimer (we're trying to sell it), a harp, an electronic keyboard, an acoustic-electric bass guitar, a bamboo flute, soprano and alto recorders, finger cymbals and other miscellaneous percussion, a marching baritone bugle, and likely something I'm forgetting.

Anybody else find that they are merely servants to their instruments?

Curly sings. The place she works has a company choir and they perform a handful of times each year. Should we ever try to work up an act and take it on the road, she'll be doing the singing while I make lots of noise.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:44 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhCrow View Post
As I mentioned before, I almost completed a degree in music. To add more detail to that, I'm a trained percussionist. I picked up woodwinds and brasswinds in pedagogy classes. The menagerie of instruments we have here includes a marching snare drum, a marching bass drum, a shell kit (drum set), a few darbukas, several defs, a couple of riqs, a hammered dulcimer (we're trying to sell it), a harp, an electronic keyboard, an acoustic-electric bass guitar, a bamboo flute, soprano and alto recorders, finger cymbals and other miscellaneous percussion, a marching baritone bugle, and likely something I'm forgetting.

Anybody else find that they are merely servants to their instruments?

Curly sings. The place she works has a company choir and they perform a handful of times each year. Should we ever try to work up an act and take it on the road, she'll be doing the singing while I make lots of noise.
*raises hand* My guitar is like an extension of my penis. If i dont use it ill forget how D:
Old 08-05-2009, 01:07 AM

Smile Iowa

Quote:
SeventhCrow

Where at in Iowa? I hail from the backwater known as Oskaloosa.
Ainsworth Iowa......

Just Me,
Tim
Round & round the circle goes.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:00 AM

Default Misician

Funny I should find this thread. I think I was a practicing poly musician (pro 30 years) before I came out . I would have a steady gig with one band but sit-in or fill-in with many bands at the same time, all styles and types .. It makes me happy that way!

Done most from Jazz, Blues, Country, Top 40, folk .. you name it ... love the challenge and always looking to broaden my horizions!

Love to from all about this .. I can help make recomendations to any and all that need guidience on any kind of music!

love!