Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 05-06-2009, 05:23 AM

Default Finally Found Where I Belong

I've known I was bisexual since i was about 7 and experimented with a friend. I've always found myself extremly attracted to women and even fell in love with my best friend from high school (she was straight). Then i met my now boyfriend. He is the love of my life and i've been nothing but faithful and honest with him. He knew about my bisexuality and I once touched the subject on swinging to him and he was surprisingly receptive. However in talking he decided he didnt' like how swinging is so one-night-standish. I don't have an interest in other men as he satisfies all my needs, but there is just something about the feminine figure and ways of a woman that intrigue me. After some discussing we decided that if we tried out this threesome thing that we wanted it to be serious. We are looking for another girlfriend that would complete us. She would be loved by us both and the same in return. I've joined swinger websites but there doesn't seem to be people looking for the same thing. Somehow i stumbled upon polyamory and realized there was a name for what we were looking for. However there are no local groups so here i am looking and reading and responding.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:44 AM

Smile

Welcome to the forum. Glad you found it.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:40 PM

Welcome!
Old 05-08-2009, 03:03 AM

good luck with this!
I have noted for quite some time on dating sights, that there are many couples out there looking for a second female. I have no idea if this desire gets fulfilled, but it seems that females in the poly world.... at least here! are few and far between and very sought after.
anyone have any other experience?
If there are any female poly's looking to move and want to move somewhere where they would be in high demand.... Victoria BC canada is the place to be
Old 05-08-2009, 07:57 PM

Smile Welcome aboard.....

Glad you feel you found a place you feel you can call home. Hello & Welcome

Just Me,
Tim
Round & round the circle goes.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:49 AM

Welcome to the boards.

And, yeah, it's a nice experience to find out there's a term describing the way we think we should be able to live and love!
Old 05-10-2009, 02:10 AM

Good luck finding someone and welcome!
Old 05-10-2009, 03:43 AM

AH...the unicorn hunters, seeking the elusive, hot, bi babe to make all their poly dreams come true!

That naivete is kinda cute, actually. The odds of the each of them finding a good match in another partner aren't large ('cause poly folk don't grow on trees) and they think that finding a woman who will match both of them equally is more likely than that. It usually doesn't take long for them to grow out of the unicorn hunting phase.

Usually, the unicorn hunting is a sign that the couple doesn't have realistic expectations.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhCrow View Post
That naivete is kinda cute, actually.
SeventhCrow,

Are you skeptical toward the probability of potentially successful triads, generally, or just toward dyads actively seeking a bi woman partner together?

I ask in part because it is quite possible that I'm participating in an early stage of forming a triad involving three men. That is, we're all mutually attracted to each of the participants. Two of us are long-time open (poly) dyad lovers. The possibility of this going smoothly enough feels very real. It really feels like a very low-drama situation--which, at this point in my life, it must be if it is gonna work for me.

Last edited by River; 05-10-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:30 PM

Welcome