Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 09-10-2010, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL4everu2 View Post
We will picture them when we get them in a few weeks and post the pics here if we can.
I'm looking forward to those!

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 09-10-2010, 07:31 AM

My ink:

My most recent - the wrist tattoos - was my most painful & meaningful. It means my heart is open and I have the key
Old 09-10-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeantigone View Post
My ink:

My most recent - the wrist tattoos - was my most painful & meaningful. It means my heart is open and I have the key
Beautiful work!

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 09-11-2010, 03:38 AM

Wow, that peacock feather is just gorgeous! Is there any significance behind that tattoo or the birds on your back?
Old 09-11-2010, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemondrop View Post
Wow, that peacock feather is just gorgeous! Is there any significance behind that tattoo or the birds on your back?
The peacock feather reminds me that I can be beautiful sometimes , and to feel proud of myself, the purple flowers are Alliums which along with the blue fern leaves are favourite plants of mine.

The swallows on my back represent freedom (flight), my love of swallow/martins/swifts as such amazing birds, and tenaciousness - swallows are tiny birds who fly from the UK to South Africa and back every year.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeantigone View Post
The peacock feather reminds me that I can be beautiful sometimes , and to feel proud of myself...
Wow. I think that's just one of the most wonderful reasons to get a tattoo that I've ever heard.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:48 AM

There are some wonderfully beautiful tattoos in here!
I'm more of a "natural" kind of person, so I'm not into body art (piercings, tattoos, etc) because I feel they kind of "hide" my natural self... If I'm making sense. I'm more one to like the natural "art" things, like freckles, scars, etc, especially when they have a history.

But I can definitely appreciate tats on other people, especially those with a deep meaning and history.

One of my things with tats is the definitiveness of them. I think I could definitely go with some body art that I know will fade away, and appreciate them while they're here, knowing they won't last... if that makes sense?

I'm wondering if you know of any non-permanent body art that wouldn't look cheap, or if it's best not to do anything at all? Using something like a stamp kind of defeats the point of "this is unique and temporary and I want to appreciate it while it's there because then it will be gone forever", but if painting it on myself there are many places I can't reach...
Maybe I could make my own stamp and use it only once?

I don't know if you can help me in any way, considering your tats are permanent, and I don't even know if non-permanent ones have a bad reputation or something (since you don't commit to them like you do with regular tats) but I thought I'd ask, maybe you guys can help me?

More specific comment: I love the wrist tattoos. I first thought they were on two people: one with the lock, one with the key, but then I read the meaning and liked it even more.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonberry View Post
One of my things with tats is the definitiveness of them. I think I could definitely go with some body art that I know will fade away, and appreciate them while they're here, knowing they won't last... if that makes sense?

I'm wondering if you know of any non-permanent body art that wouldn't look cheap, or if it's best not to do anything at all? Using something like a stamp kind of defeats the point of "this is unique and temporary and I want to appreciate it while it's there because then it will be gone forever", but if painting it on myself there are many places I can't reach...
Maybe I could make my own stamp and use it only once?
Maybe look up henna artists. I think its lasts about a week and the artists can do some amazing work. The colouring is...less, at least in the art I have seen. But it is similar to temp tatoos with texture and they last longer. Its also kind of ritualistic if you are into that.

Sometimes growing up in a hippy town has its advantages

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henna
Old 09-21-2010, 03:13 AM

I have heard of henna, and all I've seen was beautiful. I can definitely see getting a henna tattoo for special occasion. Kind of a special outfit, but for my skin.
Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 09-24-2010, 11:53 PM

Just jumping in... I used to have a lot more piercings (cheeks, snake bites, angel, and eyebrow), but now just have my lobes (once, 14G) and one industrial in the left ear (also 14G).

As for tats... I have the Japanese kanji for forever/eternity (eien) under my left collar bone (I usually say "forever and ever" to my husband and he says "and ever and ever"), the snake zodiac (modeled after Nuregami in the video game Okami) on my right shoulder, and a kappa (Japanese mythology, a "water sprite," which has water in the bowl of its head and the kappa can die if the water spills out) picking up trash on my left calf (side of calf, not back).

The calf one isn't that faded, my flash just really shines on my pasty legs, LOL.

Last edited by MsKtty89; 09-25-2010 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Adding info, adding pics

Tags
piercings, poly tattoo, poly tattoos, tattoos