Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Meetings and Events

Notices

Old 12-02-2010, 05:27 PM

Default Research Project: Participants needed

Hi!
My name's Emma and I'm an undergraduate psychology student at the University of the West of England.

My final year project centres around individuals who have experienced a relationship with 'multiple people' and will be focussing generally on the discussion of emotions involved. This is a qualitative study that aims to look into the language used to describe emotional discourse. There is no hypothesis to 'prove' as such, this is more an exploration into the polyamory culture.

Participation in the project would involve reading the information sheet, consenting to participate and then answering questions I send, all through email. The questions will be very vague and non directive, and I will be looking into your casual discussion of your experience of your relationship(s).

I have friends involved in a 'polyamorous' lifestyle and it is hoped the majority of my participants can be enrolled through them, although for a better sample it would be great if you guys could help me. Message me with your interest and I will be able to send you my email address with which we will be able to verify my association with the university and then we will be able to begin email correspondence, beginning with an information sheet with more specific details. Last date for data collection would be around 7th January and so you would not have to be checking your emails for long!

This is a qualitative study, so if you agree to participate I urge you to blabber on and bring up any issues that are important to you, whether they are to do with emotions or not! Any information will be useful information! Thank you for your time to read this.

Emma
Old 01-28-2011, 07:06 PM

Default Thank you

Thank you for all those who expressed interest in participating in my project. I've had as many responses as I need and have recieved some quality data to work with. For any more information on my project please feel free to message me.
Cheers again,
Emma

Tags
academic, emotion, project, psychology, research