Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Dating & Friendships > North America

Notices

Old 11-08-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
Why does that not surprise me? I've heard some great things about Halifax, in terms of acceptance of queerfolk and odd people in general. I really need to make it out there some time. I've got some time over the holidays, but somehow I suspect that humid coastal winters wouldn't be my thing. It may get down to -40 here, but at least it's a dry cold :P
Of all the places I've lived and visited, I enjoy Halifax for its numerous spaces of radical acceptance and radical inclusion. It makes the damp cold bearable.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:24 PM

Ottawa-area here :-)
Old 11-30-2013, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherd View Post
Im new to the board and wondering how many Canadian's are members...

hoping to hear from you
Hi: From Montreal. There are lots of Poly or like minded Canadians in the mix we r just more reserved than others. R u poly, or minded, or r u just curious or otherwise?
Old 11-30-2013, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legatia View Post
I'm in Quebec
Montrealll: MMm Yum Yumm! If only i had a magic wand Lol!
Old 12-08-2013, 11:47 PM

Default Montreal - 22 Male, looking to join stable poly couple.

Hey everyone!

My first post and i'm already seeking Let's get right to work! I have been lurking as a non-member for some time, as i thought the whole post thing really wasn't all that instant, and that Adult Friend Finder could yield better results, but after meeting only for one night stands... I thought maybe instant isnt necessarely better.

I'm from the North-Shore of Montreal. Serious young man with a bright futur. I have a full time job, and I love to be able to contribute. Right now most of my free time is spent on renovating the duplex I recently purchased.

Let's talk!
Old 12-09-2013, 05:18 AM

I've always wanted to go to Canada, I love how I hear people are more "open-minded" out there.~

It sickens me that there are people in this wonderful country called the United States of America who hate every thing and who think that this country is "their's alone" like the rest of us don't have a say in any matter.~

*Believe in yourself, you can do anything*!~ ^_^

Appreciate every thing, every thing is precious.~

Old 12-09-2013, 09:18 AM

Sadly, we have our share of right wing fundamentalists who express the opinion that their religious beliefs trump any and all rights that anyone else in the country may have.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."
Old 12-09-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
Sadly, we have our share of right wing fundamentalists who express the opinion that their religious beliefs trump any and all rights that anyone else in the country may have.
I hear you awesome Canadians are somewhat a few steps ahead of the United States of America and you almost always have been when it comes to social and political change,~

After all, during the draft era U.S.A. Citizens fled to Canada in droves.~

*Believe in yourself, you can do anything*!~ ^_^

Appreciate every thing, every thing is precious.~

Old 12-11-2013, 05:36 AM

AB and hoping to meet some new people
Old 12-12-2013, 02:26 AM

Alas, things have changed dramatically since Vietnam. You guys put in Obama the same time we put in Harper. Harper is the Canadian George Bush. He's basically sold our environment to the oil companies, eliminated our protected waterways, and increased "hidden taxes" for the middle-class while decreasing taxes for the rich. He's cut funding to social programs across the board. He put us in deficit before 2008, having spent the entire surplus and then some that the previous gov't had built up. And have you heard about the senate scandal?

And sadly, far too many Canadians are biting his "Look what your government is doing for you" ads hook, line, and sinker. They're not only exaggerations, they're blatant lies, and people are too oblivious to see right through them. It's sickening.

While crime rates have fallen, the number of long-term prison inmates has increased (and in that order, not the other way around). At a time when the US gov't is starting to realize that locking people up doesn't prevent crime or help people, the CDN gov't is building new maximum security prisons.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."