Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 07-27-2013, 10:38 PM

Default Hi everyone!

Hi guys, I'm new to this polyamorous relationship setup but I'm interested in trying, here's a bit about me:

I've been in a relationship for 2 years, most of it was long distance and right now I'm living with her for 2 months-ish and we'll be moving in together back to my place (I'm here at her place because she got me a job here, so I'm only here for the summer before I go back to school in september).

Before we were really against open relationships because I've seen many of them fail and she comes from a conservative background (catholic). But now things are starting to change, I shamefully feel the need to get more "experience" since she was my first, (we actually met because I "picked her up" off the street). I am a bit of a late bloomer considering my age and I've always been curious about other women. Our relationship has been pretty good, and we've always believed in being as honest as possible with each other when it comes to anything, even if it hurts.

I told her that I'm worried that I might cheat on her because I might be tempted and I might have to break up with her but she doesn't want to, says that our relationship is the best she's had. So we mutually agreed that having an open relationship is the best thing for us.

Now that I'm physically with her (after almost 2 years of long distance), I don't feel that much of an urge anymore but I'm sure it will be back. Now, I'm not sure how to start an open relationship. Surely, there is probably more to it then going out and finding another woman?
Old 07-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Official Greeter

Hi polygon,
Welcome to our forum.

I would just start reading posts and threads, learn all you can about poly and how it works. A couple of boards that might be especially helpful are:

Golden Nuggets board
Life stories and blogs board

Once you start reading, you may find that thoughts, questions, and concerns come to your mind. Don't hesitate to post them; hopefully we can provide you with some answers.

Sounds like you and your partner have made great strides so far. I am glad you could join us on our site.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.