Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Dating & Friendships > North America

Notices

Old 07-16-2013, 11:57 PM

Default Female seeking LTR w female va/tn area

I am new to this and hope I don't offend anyone with my ignorance of the lingo.

I am a 28 year old geeky woman, happily married for six years. I have recently come out as bi and my darling husband has sweetly encouraged seek a long term relationship with a lady. The marriage is only open on my end,so the relationship would just be between me and the other lady. He will be cordial but doesn't want to watch or anything.

I am a very shy person and do not have any experience with this sort of thing. I need to stress that I am not just looking for a hook up. I would like a deep and meaningful relationship. Any helpful tips or resources would be appreciated
Old 07-19-2013, 10:44 PM

A lot of us use OKCupid to meet people online (all three of us in my house have a profile there - only Dude is really active though).

If you prefer to meet people face to face you could check and see if there are any poly Meet-Ups in your area. (I am an introvert so I prefer to get to know people before I would me them.)

Another bit of advice is to just meet people that enjoy doing the same things you do - hobbies, volunteering, whatever - but with your mind now open to possibilities that might arise.

JaneQ
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS (1+ years)
TT: poly male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs here:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe
Old 07-21-2013, 04:13 PM

I wish you luck. I've not had luck finding women. Most single bi or lez we women I've run across are mono and want a a full time mono relationship. The coupled bi women want someone for their husband to share or watch, most them even expect the woman to be single and only involved with them. Being a married bi woman can be very tough at times.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:43 PM

Thanks for the pointers! I am also introverted and shy so figure meeting people online and getting to know them would be the best route. I set up an okcupid profile so we will see how that goes. I am going to Michigan Womyn's Music festival in a couple weeks, which should be an adventure. I am going with some dear friends (roller derby teammates) who have been several times. So it should be fun. I don't expect to find romance or anything (I don't do random hookups) but it will be nice to be around like minded ladies and make some new friends.