Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 07-25-2013, 01:48 AM

Default polyamorous??

I have no idea if the term applies to me or not. This is all really new.

I've been married to my husband for three years, together for almost ten. We have a deeply committed, satisfying relationship. I love him and am completely myself with him, and nothing about that has made me unhappy.

Over the past year and a half I've developed a close friendship with a woman, and without meaning to or really even considering the possibility, we fell in love.

Both my husband and the other woman are aware of the situation and accepting of it. They like each other, but there is nothing stronger between the two of them.

I'm scared because I never considered that I could love two people this much.

Any advice, please.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangesodaangel View Post
Both my husband and the other woman are aware of the situation and accepting of it. They like each other, but there is nothing stronger between the two of them.
Sounds like you've got yourself a polyamorous "vee" with you as the hinge. Add a couple more romantic interests and you can work you way through the relationship alphabet!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangesodaangel View Post
I'm scared because I never considered that I could love two people this much.
Love is not scary; trying to control it, measure it, and classify it is.

Me: male, 40, straight, single
Old 07-25-2013, 03:07 AM

I don't have advice, but shared experiences. I have always considered myself purely heterosexual. I. Dint have strong feelings about what others should or should not be doing with their lives.

The thing of it is, with males (I am female) the guy could be built like Adonis and do nothing for me. The only time I became attracted was after ascertaining what was in the mind. Then I had an experience with a female whose mind was a total turn-on and I had to rethink. Am I bisexual? I don't know nor do I care. It is all about what is in someone's mind for me.

Perhaps it is the same for you. The brain of the entity you encounter versus the packaging.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

Love is not scary; trying to control it, measure it, and classify it is.
So well said. Thank you for this.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:47 AM

Love is infinite.
Time is limited.

Be kind to yourself-accept that you have a bigger heart than you were aware. Remain honest and open and accepting.

And yes-that sounds like poly to me.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:31 PM

You love more than one - Check

Yep your are poly ..

Advice - respect everyone you love and hopefully they respect you and yours. If all 3 of you can do that, than a lot of the poly crap you read happening on this site, won't happen.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:48 PM

I was totally freaked out when I realized I had fallen in love with G and K. In fact years and years ago my hubby and I had a conversation (at that time it was more a heated debate). I can't even remember how it came up but he said it was possible to be in love with more than one person at the same time. I was like ohhhh no it's not, if you truly love someone then you won't fall for someone else. Well, years and years pass and I find myself, quite by accident mind you, in the situation I'm in. With a playful grin my husband reminded me of our conversation. Not to fight, but more of a see it IS possible.
So freaked isn't a bad thing, I think it's kinda normal to go through it at first when you have been mono your whole life.