Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 07-25-2013, 01:07 AM

Default Sleep Sharing in a V

We are still working on a very new and our first V as me as the hinge.

My BF is not local and only is able to visit perhaps once a month for a weekend for the foreseeable future. My husband worked the first time he was able to visit one night and BF & I got to sleep in the same bed all night and then my husband came home and kissed me awake. It was just as wonderful if I was sleeping with my husband and my BF loved it as well (see my intro for more information)

How do you work out sleeping arrangements for a side of the V if someone is a distance and we don't see each other often. My husband would like him to come up weekends he is off all weekend but that would put into play the idea of me sleeping all night with only my husband and leaving my BF alone each night.

Thanks for any help!
Old 07-25-2013, 02:08 AM

Would you be able to sleep with your bf in a different bed? Your husband sleeps with you all the time, he can sleep alone when your bf visits.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 07-25-2013, 02:09 AM

If your bf would be sleeping in I'm guessing a spare bedroom the rare weekends he's able to visit with your husband's blessing why can't you sleep with bf those few nights a month? especially since your hubby gets you all the other nights a month.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:12 AM

When my boyfriend stays here during my children's school year during the week my husband sleeps on the couch or in the spare room on the futon.
In a V relationship with an average 60/40 split of time. Only due to Murf's and Butch's crappy work schedules.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:30 AM

Thank you all!

I will work on gently bringing this up with my husband - I know it won't be easy for him since he does not sleep well when I am not in bed with him.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:08 AM
Banned

Can't he survive without perfect sleep once in a while?
Old 07-25-2013, 01:12 PM

My husband works a week of nights and then has a week off so I am alone for a week no matter what unless BF would be here so hence if BF comes up the same I need to share a bit.

Made a trial for the next time BF comes up that he is here for two nights - I will get one with each and then talk again.

We will get there...just all so new!

Thanks again everyone!
Old 07-25-2013, 04:37 PM

Default sleeping arrangements

We have sort of the same problem and here is how we worked it out. In our case my wife is the hinge with myself as her legal husband and J as her "second husband". In our case j does live with us but is only home weekends due to his job. Friday nights are always J and the wife D's to spend together. I either work an extra shift or just find something to do away from the house that night. We are lucky as we have another place close by for me to stay at on friday's. This gives them their alone time without any noise in the house and they have the freedom to date, stay in and do what ever. The standing "date" works well with us and then we figure out what the arrangements are for the rest of the weekend after that. Normally I go back home saturday and spend saturday in our bed, sometimes with the wife sometimes not but we work that out as we go. Does hubby have any issue with you spending the night alone? It doesn't sound like it so it should work well. We are kinda short timers here and to live in poly but if you have any questions we can try to help out just message us.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:45 PM

Well in my house N could sleep in another room. A fun option would also be getting a hotel room.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryLives View Post
. . . my husband . . . does not sleep well when I am not in bed with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryLives View Post
My husband works a week of nights and then has a week off so I am alone for a week no matter what . . .
Well, if he expects you to be okay sleeping alone for one week on a regular basis, what's his problem? He should be able to handle sleeping alone for one or two nights every now and then - he is an adult, right? It never ceases to amaze me that there are grown people in this world who insist that they CAN'T sleep alone. You can get him one of those long "body" pillows!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 07-25-2013 at 06:06 PM.