Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 07-22-2013, 01:03 PM

Default Hello from South Florida

Hello!

I would say that I'm semi-new to polyamory as a practice. A past girlfriend and I tried to incorporate it into our relationship (before even realizing it was a "thing") at some point, but with a wrong match, many years ago. Since then, I've been in monogamous-minded relationships filled with dishonesty, but have met and seen polyamory in practice and am quite drawn to it. I'm tired of the lies, manipulation, and codependency that society tends to turn a blind eye to in romantic relationships.

I don't want to own or be owned, but I do want to love and be loved. I've been exploring my social scene (offline and OkCupid) since becoming officially single about 4 months ago and have met some amazing people. I have started forming some wonderful connections without expectations or obligations and have never been more happy, stable-feeling and satisfied in my love/intimate/social life.

I was originally defining myself as "in an open relationship with myself", as I am loyal and committed to myself, but have semi-casual partners. At this point, I spend a lot of my free time with one guy (who I was previously in an unsuccessful serious relationship with, before we did a lot of soul-searching on our own time), (but he is not excited about non-monogamy...), I am very excited about another guy (who happens to be a transman) with whom I click crazy good (I guess OKC's 99% can be pretty accurate!) and just got together with a m/f couple yesterday for our first outing and we all agreed that the energy and chemistry and friendship-potential was all there pretty strongly. There is another guy that I've connected with well online/phone who lives in Colorado and travels frequently who is looking for a long-distance poly relationship with several women spread across the country. We also click very, very well.

I'm super excited/comforted to find poly people to potentially create community with.

<3 to you all
-Breeze
- Robert Frost
Old 07-22-2013, 09:40 PM
Official Greeter

Hello Breeze,
Welcome to our forum.

Sounds like you have a lot of exciting prospects, and will probably find Polyamory.com useful for insight and advice. Have a look at our various threads and boards, and see if you have any questions you'd like to post. Also other people will be interested to hear your story; you can blog it on the Life stories and blogs board if you want.

Glad to have you with us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:09 PM

Let me start by saying that I love your nickname :3 <3 And may I also say - how awesome it is to finally see another person using the "<3" icon >;o

Life is too short and love is too grand to lock away in a chest and throw away the key isn't it! I get the impression that you feel loved, stable and secure - so you must be doing something right.

Welcome to the Forums and live life to the fullest :3

<3
Old 07-23-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
Hello Breeze,
Welcome to our forum.

Sounds like you have a lot of exciting prospects, and will probably find Polyamory.com useful for insight and advice. Have a look at our various threads and boards, and see if you have any questions you'd like to post. Also other people will be interested to hear your story; you can blog it on the Life stories and blogs board if you want.

Glad to have you with us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.
Kevin,

Thanks for pointing me to the blog area! I ran out of time and didn't have time to browse much, so I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisper View Post
Let me start by saying that I love your nickname :3 <3 And may I also say - how awesome it is to finally see another person using the "<3" icon >;o

Life is too short and love is too grand to lock away in a chest and throw away the key isn't it! I get the impression that you feel loved, stable and secure - so you must be doing something right.

Welcome to the Forums and live life to the fullest :3

<3
Whisper,

I like your nickname as well! Yes, I feel more stable and secure than ever, and connecting with and sharing love with people is who I am, so I'm more comfortable and confident when my needs are being met like this.

<3
- Robert Frost