Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 05-04-2016, 05:12 AM

Default Overwhelmed with happiness

I recently took on a full time job, coming from 5 or so years of being a stay at home mother, and it happens that the night shifts are what seemed to fit into our schedule. I find myself with a lot of free time on my hands, so a couple days ago, I started looking for stories of other MFM couples and was delighted too have found this site. To be honest, often times, I feel so alone in this lifestyle, and it has been incredibly comforting to read some of the stories here. Finally, we're not alone!

What really got this going, was the fact that I saw a picture. I work in a nursing home, and we have a music channel on the hallway that plays oldies. A couple nights ago, a song from the group Peter, Paul and Mary came on, and the pictures that cycled through of them caught my eye. I saw the love on their faces, and the way they embraced and was immediately reminded of my relationship, and thought, "I wonder if they were poly",nso I looked it up. That's how I stumbled across this site. Thank the gods for technology.

My little family has been together for a little over a year now. It started a bit rough, but I have been blessed with two beautiful, open minded and emotionally responsible men, and we've somehow made it work. At this point, I couldn't imagine life without them.

Why I'm posting, really, is kind of just to have a soundboard for my thoughts and what we're going through. I loved reading the stories from the male point of view, both homo and heterosexual. It was a real eye opener, and the insight I've garnered has really made me more appreciative and cuddly the last couple days. I am SO overwhelmed with happiness that I have been smothering them with love. Thank you all for posting and sharing all your tidbits, both good and bad. Its so important to me, to know that this site exists and that we are not alone in this journey. I can't wait to read more.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:22 AM

Welcome, can imagine you feel alone - i know i cant talk to anyone in RL about my situation....esp as the only poly material we seem to get exposed to in the media is one guy with many wives, usually for religious reasons, and we're supposed to pick up on the whiff of exploitation of it. But, you can find cheering examples sometimes in every day life. I have an older female friend i really look up to. She has a male friend she is inseperable from, though there is never a hint of physical intimacy between them, but she lives with another man, again no hint of physical intimacy, but whatever the form of their relationship they seem to form a happy self contained threesome i get the impression questions would be impolite and unwelcome but i do rather think they are a V
Old 05-04-2016, 03:33 PM

Welcome! I'm in a Y shape with my 3 guys.

Me, center of a MFM V-shaped polycule (38F)
Wife to DarkKnight (40M) & PunkRockAwesomesauce (42)