Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 07-09-2013, 12:35 PM

Default good morning

40 yr old man in a poly vee with 2 amazing women, both very pregnant. i was naive enough to think my ex was going to accept this and have been open about it. each wife also has one child, and i have a six yr old with my ex, and she is currently trying
to take custody away from me. there are, of course, a million more details, but thats my intro.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:41 PM

Both of your gfs are pregnant by YOU? How is all that going to work once they give birth?

edit: You call your gfs your wives? Are you legally married to one of them, handfasted to both? Do you all live together?
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 61) loving miss pixi (poly, F, 39) since January 2009, living together since 2013
also loving Punk (42, M) since Oct 2015 (he has recently downgraded us to friends)
"Master," (mono, 34), miss pixi's Dom for 2 years
Old 07-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Official Greeter

Hi chad1973,
Welcome to our forum.

It sounds like you have your hands full, and will soon have your hands even more full. Good luck with those kids, and I hope you are able to keep your six-year-old.

Glad to have you onboard,
Kevin T.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:54 PM

Yes, pregnant by me...planned. yes, we have a closed relationship and consider ourselves committed spouses, although not in the legal sense. We have a great life, and all of our families accept and honor our relationship.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:02 PM
Banned

So wait - your ex is one person, and there are two more other ones, you have a six year old with "ex" and you say you were "naive" enough to think that "ex" would "accept" you just "planning" these pregnancies with 2 other women at the same time? and now you are wondering why "ex" wants custody of your 6-year old?

Am I getting this right, or am I misunderstanding something?
Old 07-10-2013, 01:05 PM

And yes, we live together
Old 07-10-2013, 01:46 PM

Location: English Rose by birth; Calling the Southern Hemi home by choice.

Welcome to the forum. You have your hands full, and I wish you well and good luck.

Ry
Old 07-11-2013, 09:41 PM

yes, hands are full, and i adore it. yes, boring guy, i do wonder, I am an excellent father, and have been so since day one. my ex is very spiteful and hateful, and has not even made an effort to meet my wives and decide what kind of people they are. she professes to be tolerant, but is not. fortunately, my attorney has informed me that there is no way in hell she can take my daughter away, she is just making noise...appreciate all the welcomes, i look forward to being an active member of the forum, there are few venues bisides home available for discussing this lifestyle and its details and affects. or at least as active as i can be for a fella that works a jillion hrs. and has a big famiy.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:30 PM
Banned

So if i'm to understand correctly, you were already split from your ex with the 6 year old before you became involved with these 2 currently pregnant women?
Old 07-11-2013, 11:20 PM

Just wondering why you planned to have two more children at the same time. What was the reasoning behind that decision? Or were you all just planning to get preggers, talking about it, and it just happened that they both got pregnant at the same time?

Are you rolling in dough? You must have excellent health insurance and loads of money to be able to afford two obstetrics/labors/deliveries at the same time! And all the money it takes after that. If you're NOT rolling in dough, maybe your ex is seeing reasons why her 6-year-old daughter might have to do with less than she feels the kid deserves, esp. if you're obviously going to scrimp and save to afford to feed all of them.

Why didn't your ex get custody of her daughter? It's usually more expected that the mother gets the kids.

Just asking out of curiosity. Having a kid is a big deal, so wondering what would motivate you to get two women pregnant at once - what if one or both of them winds up having twins or triplets? Wowza!

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia

Click here for a Solo Poly view on hierarchical relationships
Click here to find out why the Polyamorous Misanthrope is feeling disgusted.

Last edited by nycindie; 07-12-2013 at 11:02 AM.