Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 07-09-2013, 12:54 AM

Smile Hi... I'm new here.

Hi all

I'm new to polyamory.com and wanted to say a quick hello.
[I'm using an insufferable tablet, and will try to check for those, but my apologies if a few slip through.]

I'm in my mid twenties, live an inch from NYC, and I'm prone to using hyperbole a little more than recommended.I love to read, and I love to travel and sometimes that means the same thing.

I'm currently single, and dating. I recently broke up with my married lover... I learned so much about myself and my own limits in the last year. I guess recent is subjective since it's been close to 5 months, but I'm not completely over it.

I knew I was poly after reading a book by Mercedes Lackey that mentioned an MFM relationship in HS... I finally had a model for what I was looking for. Anyway I'm here to learn, grow some more, and maybe impart some of the wisdom I've acquired in my lifetime to someone who might need it.

Old 07-09-2013, 03:23 PM

Welcome stunning!

I too first read of 'alternate' relationships in Mercedes Lackey's books. I first read about men in relationships with other men in her books - and she also had a lesbian couple pop up now and then. Her later books have not been as adventuresome relationship wise sadly. But I still enjoy her work.

Anyway, there is lots to read here. You won't be disappointed just wandering about and reading what you want.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:38 PM

Default thank you

Thanks opalescent for the welcome... I was beginning to wonder if it was something I said.

Honestly, I haven't read her in a while... the last time I picked up one of her books it had something to do with kids with horses.I'm happy to learn that she demonstrated different alternate relationship models in her texts.

I have been reading a lot here, and will continue to do so... thanks.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:15 PM

Replies: I think I'm doing it wrong... I might have tried starting a new thread rather than replying within this one.

Thank you opalescent for the nice welcome. I have been and will continue to read the different POVs in the forums.

I'm happy to here that Mercedes Lackey demonstrated other alternate relationship models in her texts, but I can honestly say that I haven't read her for some years now.

thanks for the welcome again.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:04 PM
Official Greeter

Greetings ICanBeStunning,
Welcome to our forum.

Don't worry about replying on this thread, it's your thread after all. I'm sure you'll be able to give and gain plentiful advice while you're here. Just keep reading and posting, you'll get the hang of it.

Sorry to hear about your recent break-up. Hope you will continue the healing process and find new love.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:37 PM

Thank you for the welcome Kevin.

I actually accidentally tried to start a thread rather than reply... that was my mistake, and I hope it doesn't get cleared for playing.

Thank you so much... I'm over the hump and now can catalog what went wrong/right and how I can proceed in the future. I'm just not ready for anything too serious yet.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:23 PM

Hi, and welcome. Your name is cute, hehe!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 07-10-2013, 09:52 AM

Hi & thanks Magdlyn
Old 07-11-2013, 12:21 AM

Hi there! I'm in NYC (Manhattan) myself. Just wanted to welcome you, too. So... welcome!!

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein
Old 07-11-2013, 12:53 AM

Thank you nycindie