Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 07-07-2013, 07:52 PM

Talking Hello

Hello everyone,

My names James-Tyler or JT for short, and I'm a 22 year old single male, originally from New York but currently residing in Ft Bragg NC. I'm a Medic In the 504th Parachute Infantry Regiment. I love practicing emergency medicine and am currently pursuing a degree to become a flight surgeon after I get my discharge in the next 2 years. My hobbies include chess, reading, history, akido, snowboarding, freefall parachuting, rock climbing, hiking, and astronomy.

Monogamy never made much sense to me, even as a child, but I never really knew anything else so I tried to make it work with several girls throughout my teenage years with varying degrees of dissatisfaction. It wasn't until I read stranger in a strange land at 19 that I opened my eyes to the entire spectrum of ethical nonmonogamous relationships possible outside of the currently accepted norm of our society. Its a whole world of possibilities I look forward to exploring
Old 07-07-2013, 07:58 PM

Talking

Hey! And welcome to the site! You're very fortunate to know who you are early on!

The forums here are excellent sources of informations and the people are great!!

OKC Profile

Me: bi, reformed wild-child turned mom and house maid LOL
Crux: straight/hypersexual, possibly mono?
BC: our son, 5 years
CM: second son 9 months.
Mouse: girlfriend! Status new, feelings not so much.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Official Greeter

Greetings JT,
Welcome to our forum.

It is great to have you aboard, I hope you enjoy your time on our site. Polyamory is not well-known, but people are slowly coming to hear more about it. Have a look around on our site and see what people are saying about it; post any thoughts, questions, or concerns that come to your mind.

Regards,
Kevin T.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunktions View Post
Hey! And welcome to the site! You're very fortunate to know who you are early on!

The forums here are excellent sources of informations and the people are great!!
Thank you

you're all already proving to be a wealth of experience and wisdom to learn from.

Whenever I alluded to the idea of loving more than one person, most people would get defensive or act disgusted. Its such a breath of fresh air to see that I'm not alone lol.

Is it uncommon for people to discover who they are early on? I can only imagine the frustration of spending years or decades of your adult life trying to fit into a monogamous ideal.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:05 PM

Not in my case, I have been in a mono relationship for 6 years. I was non-mono before that. Recently I realized I was lost. I didn't know who I was anymore. Then I found this site and researched, researched and researched. Now I'm confident in claiming poly and Crux and I are way happy with who we are.

OKC Profile

Me: bi, reformed wild-child turned mom and house maid LOL
Crux: straight/hypersexual, possibly mono?
BC: our son, 5 years
CM: second son 9 months.
Mouse: girlfriend! Status new, feelings not so much.