Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Dating & Friendships > North America

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 07-06-2013, 08:14 AM
Natja's Avatar
Natja Natja is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm View Post
Insomuch as anything other than "where do I sign up?" is off-topic for the thread, yes.

I find the best thing to do is to treat the Dating and Friendships forum as a Unicorn Hunter containment zone. It's ok to observe from a distance with varying degrees of horror, but don't enter and engage.
This ^ is a lesson I need to learn....arrrgh!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-06-2013, 08:38 AM
Natja's Avatar
Natja Natja is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramina View Post
Are you willing to date anyone despite level of personality, physical attraction, intellect, drive, & aspirations or lack thereof so as long as they're interested in you? Would you suggest this lack of discernment for your children? Are you suggesting we lower our standards to appease those who aren't a fit with us?
I said nothing of the sort, but if you refuse to accept it, I can't possibly do more to show you. I am talking from the pov of someone reading your post, which I did, with an open mind, we have Unicorn hunters coming out of our ears in this section of the forum, did you even bother to read a few posts before you wrote your amazingly original post? Of course you didn't, you come on here thinking that you are saying something new and then get defensive when you are challenged, well sorry dude you can join the long line of couples who went before you thinking the exact same thing.

If you get any replies to it at all I will be prepared to eat my words but I can assure you, no one would be interested in what you are offering, not because there is no one who fits your Unicorn mould, but because of the way you write it. It comes across badly and your defensive replies just add to that, tell me, who do you think would be attracted to you, who has such little self esteem?


Quote:

The 50% divorce rate in our country is evidence that Millions of people make the mistake of not being honest enough with others & themselves,
Of course, the high divorce rate is down entirely to not being honest about what one wants...nothing else, nothing at all...there you go, you have solved the problem of marital discord, now you can go forth and teach people as you clearly have all the answers.....
Quote:

I didn't need to be persuaded when I fell in love with my wife. Honestly, I was fighting the love I felt--for my then friend,
Exactly, Dude, she was your FRIEND, you did not advertise for her like you are ordering from Friends.com!
If you re-write that post from a monogamy pov do you think she would have responded to it...in fact why don't you and Mrs UnicornHunter, give that a go, have a little exercise, re-write your OP as if for monogamy tell me how enticing it looks to you.

Quote:
We've had a triad before & are optimistic we will again; without lowering our standards.
There is a world of difference between falling into something with a friend you have known (same as your wife)...and seeking Unicorns, trust me, you won't find anyone posting such a profile, putting hearts in it makes no difference, it doesn't make it look any better.....

Quote:
I've had an extensive variety of lovers at any given time.
Looking more attractive every moment..........

Quote:
My reputation was to sIf one were to attempt to deduce your & Cindie's lives based on My life experiences, they would conclude neither of you are truly poly at all.
And with that one line you lose any minute credibility you had.

Good luck to you both, I hope you come back and tell us of the great success you are having taking this road but somehow...I doubt it.

Toodle pip!

Natja
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-06-2013, 01:39 PM
nycindie's Avatar
nycindie nycindie is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Big Apple
Posts: 7,289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramina View Post
If one were to attempt to deduce your & Cindie's lives based on My life experiences, they would conclude neither of you are truly poly at all.
That statement doesn't even make any sense! Truly poly, LOL.


All we were doing here was giving you feedback about your terribly-written ad. You are unicorn hunters, whether you realize it or not. What you are searching for is a fantasy that doesn't exist. Though it may not be impossible that someone you could both get along with is out there, it is highly improbable that your ad will bring someone so specific to you. It's not like placing an order in a catalog. I cannot imagine any single woman reading it and saying, "Oh goody! Where do I sign up?"

You are so focused and fixated on placing your order for your imaginary busty, big-assed, long-haired, bisexual, devoted, homemaking unicorn who gives massages and will anchor you and appreciate your wild past, etc., etc., that you are being dense about what we're telling you and your answers are more nonsensical each time you respond.

Oh well, good luck. Come back and prove us wrong!
__________________
The world opens up... when you do.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 07-06-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-07-2013, 01:33 PM
Dagferi's Avatar
Dagferi Dagferi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,049
Default

Op you have been nothing but rude since you first posted on this board.

Btw in the age of smartphones it is easy to post to a message board while doing other things as I am right now. I am actually in line at Walmart. So your theory that just because someone has time to post to the forums they can't be poly is false.

Define Polyamory for me. I am curious what you believe that is. And what the heck is this poly lifestyle folks mainly newbies keep throwing around. The reason I ask is because from what I have seen there is no lifestyle.

I am sure you're going to tell me I am not poly.. since I am not a bisexual woman.
__________________
40 yo straight female
Married in the eyes of the government to Butch since 2001...
Murf my monogamous second husband has been with me since May of 2012.
In a V relationship with an average 60/40 split of time. Only due to Murf's and Butch's crappy work schedules.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 07-07-2013, 05:26 PM
DanHank DanHank is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 7
Default

It's so sad to see so many new people attacked when they make their first post. Just because a couple is looking for a woman doesn't make them a unicorn hunter,, I think you all just love bashing people with that term. It took me and mine a lot of courage and a lot of thinking and research, to gather courage and make a post. When we did post we were bashed like this as well. Where is all this anger generated from? We're you not accepted in a relationship? Why does the site admin allow newcomers to be bashed and made fun of?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 07-07-2013, 05:43 PM
Natja's Avatar
Natja Natja is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHank View Post
. Just because a couple is looking for a woman doesn't make them a unicorn hunter,
Except they are, did you read that first post? Is there any more classic a description of Unicorn Hunting than this one? Please if there is something in this post which excuses them from the Unicorn Hunting group please point it out because I can't see it.

And also please note, I did not make fun of them, I gave them compassionate advice that they chose to dismiss because they know better of course.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 07-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Ramina's Avatar
Ramina Ramina is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanHank View Post
It's so sad to see so many new people attacked when they make their first post. Just because a couple is looking for a woman doesn't make them a unicorn hunter,, I think you all just love bashing people with that term. It took me and mine a lot of courage and a lot of thinking and research, to gather courage and make a post. When we did post we were bashed like this as well. Where is all this anger generated from? We're you not accepted in a relationship? Why does the site admin allow newcomers to be bashed and made fun of?

Thank you DanHank

I've concluded that most of the people posting actually have little to no actual active experience in the community, but simply speculate from their keyboards or phone.

We've already explained our circumstances. Anything from here is just reiteration to people incapable or unwilling to comprehend. It's good know someone understands. Thank you again
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 07-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Ramina's Avatar
Ramina Ramina is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagferi View Post
Op you have been nothing but rude since you first posted on this board.
You may want to review what you read:
  1. We were attacked.
  2. I gave Cindie the benefit of doubt.
  3. Then we responded & continue to respond in kind.

Others lacking who self esteem may allow people to walk over them, but we do not. We're only as rude to others, as they are to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagferi View Post
Btw in the age of smartphones it is easy to post to a message board while doing other things as I am right now. I am actually in line at Walmart. So your theory that just because someone has time to post to the forums they can't be poly is false.
First off, despite the technology, not even if I were telepathic would I've the time to spend so long on any forum when single. It's called a having life. I had plenty of better things to do with my smartphone when single, & trust me...I did much better things with the company I keep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagferi View Post
Define Polyamory for me. I am curious what you believe that is. And what the heck is this poly lifestyle folks mainly newbies keep throwing around. The reason I ask is because from what I have seen there is no lifestyle.
If you want a definition of Polyamory from a newbie you have to find & ask one. However from someone like me, a poly is someone who carries on several relationships simultaneously with all who partake having full knowledge of the other relationships & often are intermingled with each other. The distinction of Polyamory from say Swinging, is a polyamorous relationship doesn't remain casual, but deepens.

It sounds so clinical when described by me. The only way to truly understand is, instead of texting on your phone while on line at Walmart, begin a conversation with someone you're attracted to in line. See where it goes with the person; if anywhere. I always start with a Hello or Hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagferi View Post
I am sure you're going to tell me I am not poly.. since I am not a bisexual woman.
Wow... I suggest you reread my OP. My wife is bi, & I'm a straight male. The poly experiences I alluded to were mine; not hers. Here's an example: What were you doing between Saturday night & early Sunday morning? Would it be wrong to guess it was not spent with one of your normal or poly lovers? Exactly.

That's the difference between you & I. Perhaps like many of our posters on this thread, it's evident you're just poly-adjacent or poly-aspirant; lacking empirically in practice.

Antagonism isn't my aim here, but expect as much or more from me as you send my way. I hope we understand one another Dagferi.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 07-08-2013, 05:19 PM
BoringGuy BoringGuy is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 1,647
Default

What is the difference between a "normal" lover and a "poly" lover?

What is it about saturday night and early sunday morning that makes the determination between whether someone is "poly-adjacent" or "poly aspirant" (those are new terms to me, is it supposed to mean a person who wishes they were in more than one relationship? I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth).

Also, are you trying to say that dagferi is not really poly because if she were, she would be on a date or getting laid instead of posting on here?

If you say i am "attacking" you, you are wrong. I'm asking questions because i want to understand what the HECK you are talking about.

By the way, i am in 2 long term relationships and got laid by a new person friday, saturday, and Sunday, then came home and got fucked by my spouse, so you can talk to me like the equals that we are. But i also posted on this forum in between orgies, so i'm not sure if that makes me poly-adjacent or something else you have up in your real-world, experienced vocabulary.

Aaaaaaaand...... Go!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 07-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Magdlyn's Avatar
Magdlyn Magdlyn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Metro West Massachusetts
Posts: 3,680
Default

Hehe I spent Saturday night grilling and playing board games with my gf and son. However, I did get laid by my bf Friday morning and by my gf Sunday morning. Sorry to hear I am not a "twue poly."

I did get this advice from the mod Imaginary Illusion back in April

Quote:
This is just a general notice, not an actual infraction. I'm just using the tool to make sure the subject thread is marked. You're not in trouble...

We don't need to start flame wars and pick on unicorn hunters or really anyone for their preferences in the personals area. It's not the place for discussion or debate about what they're looking for.

To fill in the history of the personals section of the forum, we initially didn't have one, because this wasn't intended as a hookup site. The problem was that people looking for hookups were constantly posting their personal adds in the intros section or other places even when not interested in discussion.

So we created the personals area for those kinds of ads to be placed...so that is doesn't clog up other areas of the forum. So regardless of what it is someone is looking for, or how much it may trigger your own sensibilities, if it's in the personals area, it's best left alone. They'll make their way over to the discussions area eventually if their so inclined. The vast majority will make one or two ad posts, and never be seen again.

So, please just leave the area alone...it's not worth the hassle, and it's pretty much just there as a collection area for the posts that are never going to amount to a useful discussion anyways.

If you do see a personal type ad in the intro section though, please report via regular report post method, and one of us will move it over to the personals area to get it out of the way.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

-II
__________________
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bisexual female, ltr, poly, triad

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:26 AM.