Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 07-19-2009, 05:27 AM

Aussielover, your story (along with sunshinegirl and aussiebloke) is very inspiring. I'm so happy for the three of you!
Old 07-19-2009, 02:47 PM

Thanks Amalthea

Home
Old 07-20-2009, 04:15 AM

thanks for the info.... what would a man be called then? Is there a term?
Old 07-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Custodian

No because you typically don't see a couple searching for a male version of a HBB under such idealistic circumstantial criteria. I suppose it does happen, but not often enough for it to become a cliche.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:43 PM

It is rather a cliche isn't it?! When I was searching on dating sites for my ever illusive other (so glad to not have to do that any more!), I came across two things most often; cheating men looking for women who were also cheating or in an open relationship and men who wanted a unicorn to give some experience to their bi curious females (and of course have fun themselves!). I didn't fit any of that. Although did try it all on for size.

I look now for women of exprience with other women and there is never any that are interested in bisexual (I actually identify as polysexual), experienced women who are with two primary men and a secondary man! Ha! None! Women don't seem to be on the forefront of their sexuality unless they are single or their men have expressed an interest in something more. Of course I am generalizing here, but I have noticed it to be true and experienced it as reality. It makes me concerned when women come on here and say their man wants to be poly and they will try it because of him.

Am I just a novelty because I have taken my own sexuality into my own hands? Am I just overly sexualized? What? I feel sometimes as if I am especially as I come across judgement, disagreement in how I live my life and sometimes discussed.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:28 AM

I dated a bisexual woman while in college. She got on to AOL. (I use to pick on her by calling AOL, the trailer park of the internet.) Anyway, she once added "bisexual" to her profile and she got constantly spammed by all sorts of IMs. It was 95% guys who wanted to get her and some other yet to be named bisexual woman in for a threesome. Sometimes it was a woman who wanted to test her bi-curious nature with her boyfriend/husband watching or helping. She finally removed the that tag so she could surf the net without constant IM requests.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:05 AM

Sad but true Quath... still, what do you do unless you put it out there....If a space ship landed of bi women who wanted no attachments and to be mauled by couples then we would be set!
Old 07-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepper View Post
If a space ship landed of bi women who wanted no attachments and to be mauled by couples then we would be set!
...and THAT is why they have a nickname which is also a mythical creature. You might as well call them "Amazon Women from the Moon" but it's just easier to write "Unicorn".
Old 07-22-2009, 02:18 PM

LMAO. I don't even know what to say to any of this. Can I order a sexually monogamous lesbian for a V with myself and the hubby while we're searching for mythical beings? Now I know why I was chased down before being married. Learn something new every day.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYZ123 View Post
Can I order a sexually monogamous lesbian for a V with myself and the hubby while we're searching for mythical beings? .
Hey! How come you don't see much demand for a sexually monogamous straight guy for a V?? Oh yeah...cause they are such a pain in the ass, that's why