Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 02-10-2013, 03:45 PM

Default Dating not just humping

Okay I have always just lived poly, never really found anything online or looked. there is a reason for our recent outing online that may come out one day.

Seriously though is there such thing as romantic polyamory? it is ridiculous. We have recently joined some websites: alt.com (yes we are BDSM freaks :P) Polyamory date and a few smaller ones. they are so sex based and crazy. We just want some courtship, a date, some romance is it to much to ask to find a single girl that wants to be treated like a princess and a whore :P
Old 02-10-2013, 04:56 PM

I'm confused from your post. Are you a couple looking for a single girl to date the two of you? If so are you expecting her to not date others as well?

Those could be part of your problem. I don't know what you mean about not finding romantic polyamory because the amory part of the word does stand for love which generally includes romance.

I think more information needs to be provided in order to actually help you out.
Merry: Tig's wife/slave
NT: Merry's boyfriend/owner
Elle: NT and Merry girlfriend
Umbra: Elle's Dom
Pet: Umbra's slave/wife, Elle girlfriend
Domo: Pet's submissive
Old 02-10-2013, 05:20 PM

Polyamory is about non-monogamous love. Love and romance is an important part of that. Many of the dating / lookup sites that claim to be polymers friendly are just a cover for making money.

Last edited by UtahPolyCouple; 02-10-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahPolyCouple View Post
Polymers is about non-monogamous love. Love and romance is an important part of that. Many of the dating / lookup sites that claim to be polymers friendly are just a cover for making money.

actually "polymers" are long-chain carbon-based molecules with repeating units that are the basic components in plastics and other synthetic materials..
Old 02-10-2013, 05:34 PM

Lol I meant polyamory. My phone decided differently.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahPolyCouple View Post
Lol I meant polyamory. My phone decided differently.
yeah i thought that's prob'ly what happened but i couldn't stop myself, it was begging for it.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringGuy View Post
actually "polymers" are long-chain carbon-based molecules with repeating units that are the basic components in plastics and other synthetic materials..
*giggle*

Except they don't have to be carbon-based. Silicones use Si and O as the chain links, although I concede that they do contain organic side groups.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."
Old 02-10-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COSindustry View Post
Okay I have always just lived poly, never really found anything online or looked. there is a reason for our recent outing online that may come out one day.

Seriously though is there such thing as romantic polyamory? it is ridiculous. We have recently joined some websites: alt.com (yes we are BDSM freaks :P) Polyamory date and a few smaller ones. they are so sex based and crazy. We just want some courtship, a date, some romance is it to much to ask to find a single girl that wants to be treated like a princess and a whore :P
I, too, don't understand what you're really asking. Are you saying "romantic polyamory" is ridiculous? Or that the internet is ridiculous when you attempt to look for it?

And probably... looking for someone to treat like a whore will be an obstacle in finding a romantic princess...

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."
Old 02-10-2013, 09:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
*giggle*

Except they don't have to be carbon-based. Silicones use Si and O as the chain links, although I concede that they do contain organic side groups.
yeah, i thought of that after i wrote it, but i wasn't aiming for thoroughness, i was just trying to be a smartass.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:41 AM

Default "Poly" dating websites and meeting poly people

I, too, have found "poly" dating sites disappointing. They seem to assume polyamorous people are just interested in sex, maybe confusing us with swingers. And they are not as strong on community as good swingers' sites.

Finding people who are open-minded towards polyamory can be a real challenge, I have found, especially in our case as we haven't come out to everybody. This is the case even sounding out friends and acquaintances to try to work out if they will freak out and distance themselves from us if we come out to them.

Meeting people who might be interested in a relationship is nigh-on impossible. I always think people will think I am going behind my wife's back, or wanting to break up the relationship they have with their partner. The idea of consensual non-monogamy is just so far out of most people's idea of relationships.

And when we have come out to a few friends we trusted, and they were accepting of it (not everyone has been quite as broad minded as we fondly hoped), we haven't wanted to put such a good friendship at risk by considering them as potential lovers, bringing in complicating things like jealousy and heartbreak. Aargh!

We should get into Melbourne to PolyVic meetings, but they always seem to be timed for our children's bedtime. Frustrating.

Ah well.

Me: In an open marriage with Aphrodite.

Last edited by heartforge; 06-29-2013 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Improving grammar