Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 06-22-2013, 04:37 PM

You can't blame a girl wanting to wait for Thor though....

(and yes, I know men don't have that market cornered but I am attracted to strong, independent minded men who have their act together so, the dearth of them kind of hacks me off).
Old 06-22-2013, 08:18 PM

Thanks for all the things to think about. And the laughs.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:26 PM

For us; we do have an agreement that if one of us needs to reach the other-we can call for any reason.

BUT-between the two of us we also have the understanding that we damn well better keep it appropriate. Neither one of us WOULD tolerate that sort of interruption to our date nights.

The key to me though is this- that is between he and her. The only part that is between you and he, is how you and he agree your time should be spent. Therefore-the issue is in how you feel disrespected by him. How he handles the issue with her-is not your business.

Does that make sense?

If for example, my husband calls me and interrupts my date-my date can complain to me regarding how I handle it. But-it's not my date's place to comment regarding my husband's request. My husband has the right to request whatever he wishes in his relationship with me. It's my job to ensure that I am holding myself accountable to each of my relationships....
Old 06-23-2013, 01:17 AM

I agree, ass-hole moves all around.

The dumbest part is that she was out with friends already having a good time. It's not like she was moping around the house feeling sorry for herself.

My girlfriend's husband's boyfriend always picks his wife up from work and drives her home. If he happens to be visiting at the time, he'll leave to go pick her up, drop her off at home, and then come back over. That's just their arrangement, and it works for everyone.

I suspect there's more to it than the wife just needed a ride home; after all, she didn't ask him to pick her up at the end of the night, she asked him to come join her part way through and stay with her. She was with friends, and surely they had to be getting home somehow. She could have hitched a ride with them. But as was mentioned, none of that has anything to do with you. Your place is to communicate with your boyfriend how you feel about him leaving your date to go be with her, and how you cannot be in a relationship with those terms. Make it clear that this is about you and your needs, not about the wife's behaviour.

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."
Old 06-23-2013, 02:59 AM

Just a side note: I really like being part of a community wherein it's normal to refer to "my girlfriend's husband's boyfriend's wife" in conversation!