Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 06-16-2013, 04:10 PM
Banned

I'm perceiving hostility in this thread. Just thought you all should know that my sensibilities might be around here somewhere, and when they find you, they are going to retaliate by entering your dreams while you sleep at night and strapping on the biggest dildo they can find and walking around saying "would you fuck me? I'd fuck me" while it rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm View Post
Am I the only one distracted by the trillions of kinksters somehow living on a planet of only slightly more than 7 billion people? By that ratio it's the non-kinky portion who are the deviants.

Just me? Ok then... back in my box.

[/nitpick]

London must have meant "zillions of kinksters", the ones who live on Planet Kink, not to be confused with the "xillions of aspies" on Aspie Asteroid. I have been to both places, and i can tell you they are not all that different from each other, but they both are "very unique". Not just a LITTLE unique, but a LOT.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringGuy View Post
Vanilla is my favorite flavor of ice cream because you can add it to anything and it tastes good, or you can add anything to it and it tastes good (ever had garlic ice cream? Kinky!), or you can eat it plain and it tastes good.

I also like to be spanked until my ass is purple.

What do you say to that, OP? Am I vanilla? Am I kinky? Am I a kinky vanilla asshat? am I a vanilla kinky asshat? Do I make you feel like shit? Perhaps chocolate would make you feel less like shit? I don't know why though. It's brown. Maybe you should eat white chocolate instead.
I missed this before. That concept of it being a plain base which is enjoyable as it is or can be spiced up to suit individual tastes is exactly what vanilla says to me. Maybe I have trouble seeing the offensive slander in it because I actually really like vanilla as a flavour and as a scent.

I'd describe you to someone as a vanilla guy who likes it a bit kinky. Or with masochistic tendencies. The comparison to tofu has been done already.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by london View Post
Maybe I have trouble seeing the offensive slander in it because I actually really like vanilla as a flavour and as a scent.
The ability to understand how words can infer negative value judgements requires the ability to empathize with others. Your own personal 'take' on a word is not relevant to understanding that it is perceived as coming with a negative value judgement by others.

Me: male, 40, straight, single
Old 06-16-2013, 07:17 PM

Last year I went on a date with a nice young man in his late 20s. We spent a few pleasant hours chatting online and on the phone before we met, then we met for lunch.

He'd kept hinting he was into older women very much, but wouldn't say why. I went ahead and assumed it was for the usual reason, a chance of me being open minded and kinkier than someone his age.

So after lunch and a walk and a pretty good idea he was not an ax murderer, I invited him up. We made out on the couch, we made out on the bed... I told him I don't fuck on the first date. Well! He just didn't know what to do with me! Wide range of possibilities short of fucking, right? He was so at sea, he fell asleep.

I let him nap half an hour, then sent him on his way, with the definite thought, "This guy is way too vanilla for me." I guess he likes older women because he had the idea we fuck on the first date with no more preamble than a few kisses.

So, Cindie, and others, am I judgmental?
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 06-16-2013, 09:21 PM
Official Greeter

You are certain about your own personal preferences. (Just my personal opinion)

I'm Breyer's Vanilla!

And then there's the hubbub around the word pansexual ... ohh, I am not very nice to crack open that can of worms.

P.S. I always thought vanilla meant "not kinky in any way, in or out of the bedroom." Or at least that one would need to say, "I'm kinky in the bedroom, but vanilla out of the bedroom." Apparently vanilla doesn't mean what I thought it meant?
Old 06-16-2013, 09:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
You are certain about your own personal preferences. (Just my personal opinion)

I'm Breyer's Vanilla!

And then there's the hubbub around the word pansexual ... ohh, I am not very nice to crack open that can of worms.

P.S. I always thought vanilla meant "not kinky in any way, in or out of the bedroom." Or at least that one would need to say, "I'm kinky in the bedroom, but vanilla out of the bedroom." Apparently vanilla doesn't mean what I thought it meant?

Kevin , you are so nice you could crack open a can of millipedes and they would turn into hummingbirds and butterflies and melt away into rainbows at your feet.

You are the nicest person on the whole internet, ever.

I love you.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:16 PM
Official Greeter

LOLOL, I love you even *more,* man.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:35 PM

Get a room, you two.
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

me: Mags, 59, living with:
miss pixi, 37
Old 06-16-2013, 11:38 PM
Official Greeter

Tags
bias, family structure, semantics