Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 06-05-2013, 01:13 AM

Default World of Warcraft Anyone?

Looking for retired World of Warcraft addicts, people interested in WoW, or just people who might want to give it a try to see what it's like... or just chat with some interesting (and sane! mostly, ish) people... or, well... just anyone really... who might be willing to try downloading the game and hanging out with us... well, I suppose you don't have to...

Wait, let me start over.

Everyone!

My wife and I started playing WoW again recently and while we always have fun seeing what's changed and the new content, we also enjoy the social aspect of it, and we've been having trouble finding a group of adult, open and fun people to hang out with. I know that there's got a to be a few people who meet those criteria around here somewhere...

We are Horde on the Aggramar server on WoW and we play most days from 9pm till midnight Eastern. Right now, we have a 90 Priest and a 90 Druid, but I'm an altaholic, so we've got characters at several level ranges.

If you're retired, check out the Scroll of Resurrection- basically it would let me invite you back to the game, give you 7 days free play time, a free realm and/or faction transfer and even let you auto-level a character to 80.

If you're interested in trying, I (or my wife) can send you a Recruit-a-Friend invite, and get you two weeks free play time (or infinite free playtime with characters under level 20) as well as bunch of other little benefits.

If we get enough interest, I'll start up a new guild, or there's a potential level 25 we might be able to take over - I'll have to look into that.

If you're interested: PM me here, look up Kleos on AIM, or Zarelysse on Horde side Aggramar.

Oh! yeah! one more thing... to any existing players - server/faction transfers are half price this week! *hint* *hint*

Hope to see some of you in Azeroth!

- CAUTION: May be scruffy-looking
Old 03-17-2017, 08:21 PM

My husband and I have been playing WoW together since Lich King. Are you guys still playing?
Old 03-17-2017, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arallyn View Post
My husband and I have been playing WoW together since Lich King. Are you guys still playing?
We've been quit for a year or so now... We're playing FFXIV now (Jenova server) a bit more challenging, although I haven't found quite the community I found on WoW. The one thing I've missed is finding more people to talk to - with less people on FFXIV, I feel like it's harder to find a like-minded (or more open) community - also there's far less support out of the game, so finding a guild (free company) or other people is harder.

How's the game these days? Demon Hunter looked interesting, although Legion looked like it was more of the same - everything getting completely outmoded instantly, and then generally a pretty easy game unless you are in a major raiding guild...

- Ben

Old 03-18-2017, 12:02 AM

Wow... just saw how out of date my signature and profile were.... more or less updated them~

- Ben

Old 03-18-2017, 05:49 PM

I played around with the Demon Hunter a bit and liked it. They’ve got the best mobility in game and do well damage wise. I mostly played my main, holy priest. The way the artifact weapons are make it tedious and annoying to play alts, unless they are supper casual. And you’re right, the game is easy unless you’re doing mythic level content. Overall I really enjoy the game.

I recently let my WoW subscription expire. My guild is struggling to fill the 20 spots required to do mythic. I would have been happier in a 10-man group.

My husband and I have been interested in the Final Fantasy series for a while, though we have never played. I’ll look into it.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:15 PM

If you're interested in a recruit-a-friend, let me know. Either way, if you find yourself on Jenova, I can spare a few gold and tips to help out - I find the game is just big and complicated enough (with not NEARLY as much community support as WoW) that having someone to ask questions of or make recommendations really helps.

Also, four people is about the perfect group size for doing anything.

At minimum, it would be cool to have someone to bug. (=

(This message really could also apply to anyone else watching BTW! I don't really pay much attention to this forum, but I get notified if anyone private messages me or responds here)

- Ben

Old 03-20-2017, 06:17 PM

I actually kind of miss WoW. I quit shortly after Pandamania came out. I'd been playing from the very beginning...but gradually just lost interest.

I've never been a very social gamer. Like...I assume I won't be good enough and people will criticize me in a raid or group, and I haven't got time to explain why I don't care THAT MUCH to be up to snuff as whatever they expect, and furthermore if I needed a certain thing I assumed that it would be a bother to ask others to help me with it.

This non desire for being social or competing with other humans, led me to basically be a daily-quest-grinder once I got leveled up. Or to be an alt-herder. I was both, really. But eventually just didn't feel that fun anymore.

While yeah, I do miss the immersiveness and complexity and beauty of WoW...I prefer a game mechanic more like an old single-player run though Diablo I or Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Where it's kind of like a book you pick up once in a while, read through, and then put back on the shelf for a few years. Not a whole alternate life with jobs you're supposed to do, and no end in sight ever.

Analyst, Fire & Hefe My poly quad for approximately a year, until about July 2016. I still consider them much-loved friends.

Blood:
Ninja- 17, Son
Q- 15, Son

Old Wolf- Ex Husband
Old 03-21-2017, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spork View Post
I actually kind of miss WoW. I quit shortly after Pandamania came out. I'd been playing from the very beginning...but gradually just lost interest.

I've never been a very social gamer. Like...I assume I won't be good enough and people will criticize me in a raid or group, and I haven't got time to explain why I don't care THAT MUCH to be up to snuff as whatever they expect, and furthermore if I needed a certain thing I assumed that it would be a bother to ask others to help me with it.

This non desire for being social or competing with other humans, led me to basically be a daily-quest-grinder once I got leveled up. Or to be an alt-herder. I was both, really. But eventually just didn't feel that fun anymore.

While yeah, I do miss the immersiveness and complexity and beauty of WoW...I prefer a game mechanic more like an old single-player run though Diablo I or Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Where it's kind of like a book you pick up once in a while, read through, and then put back on the shelf for a few years. Not a whole alternate life with jobs you're supposed to do, and no end in sight ever.
Yeah, I hear you about the 'eternal grind', and I can definitely empathize with not being overly social... Personally, I've had more trouble getting into all game stories lately. Why aren't single player games the way they used to be?

So for me, the opportunity to meet new people is sort of fun. I don't play enough to be competitive, and I'm okay with that now... It's just fun if you can find a small group to hang out with and do your own thing. I used to help run a guild on WoW, which had it's own challenges and perks, but now it's just mostly hanging out with some friends who don't live near me or helping my wife and her boyfriend get stuff done. Not all terrible.

I would appreciate having a few more people to call on to do dungeons and such, or to chat with during the down times~

- Ben

Old 04-10-2017, 12:54 AM

I just wanted to let everyone know that we've got an FC now... Knights of Good (a la The Guild). It's new, but the guild seal is a pink unicorn, so what else do you need to know?

If anyone's interested, feel free to send me a PM here!

Old 04-13-2017, 09:00 PM

OMG, where were you when I had internet? I love WoW. My husband isn't as into it as I once was. Though he loves games like Assassins Creed and Skyrim (Ive become addicted to Skyrim as well). I could never find anyone to play WoW with other than when I could get hubby to reluctantly play.
Unfortunately, we don't currently have internet 😩 so I am unable to play.