Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 10:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm View Post
Dirtclustit, you've stopped making sense again. Try taking a deep breath and editing your posts before hitting Submit. As it is you're not helping get your point across to anyone.
in a parallel universe, i'd recommend laying off the meth for a few days; taking a mega-vitamin, and trying to get some sleep. But this is this universe, not a parallel one, so i tried to explain it properly. Alas, to no avail.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Banned

Default sure, you couldn't possibly know what I am saying

It's obvious I am on drugs, Boring Guy doesn't have any problem being rude. He is actually fairly consistent from this profile. So long as all couples will surrender their spouse for "poly" people to date in a completely segregated life, when for years they can pretend that their lover isn't married, so long as I don't have to meet them.

I am not saying your version of poly is wrong, what I am saying is that it really sucks when you accuse couples as having an attitude of "entitlement" because they won't surrender their spouse to singles to someone who wants to fuck the partner, but isn't OK with being respectful or even interacting at all with a person they are very connected with through THEIR SPOUSE unless of course it's all about sex and dating, but nothing serious.

You and handful of others repeatedly attack married people, this woman was told how delusional she is, then antagonize her then act surprised when she reacts after clarifying the details which you ignore.

With nearly every married couple if they are in a triad

but there is no pattern?

I am delusional, and it's from drug use, I am imagining you pretending to be poly pro with top scores for number of posts (all excellent advice BTW) and you are in no way intentionally being a dick and chasing off couples , and your justification is that couples are abusive to these innocent single ladies who shouldn't be in triads, but rather the wife should stay out of her husband's and the gf's life and leave them alone

I am saying your version of poly is wrong I am just asking you to quit being a dick about it.

you are denying it you are doing it, so my request is just drug induced gibberish?

is that what you are saying?

boring guy

Last edited by Dirtclustit; 06-06-2013 at 10:48 AM. Reason: word turned up misspelled
Old 06-06-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtclustit View Post
I am not saying your version of poly is wrong, what I am saying is that it really sucks when you accuse couples as having an attitude of "entitlement" because they won't surrender their spouse to singles to someone who wants to fuck the partner, but isn't OK with being respectful or even interacting at all with a person they are very connected with through THEIR SPOUSE unless of course it's all about sex and dating, but nothing serious.
Man, I'm really trying to figure out what you are saying here but it's just so jumbled. You've been asked before to PLEASE calm down and proof read your work. If you want to take part in a rational conversation your point needs to be understood - then the other readers can decide if they agree with it or not. As it is I think some of the disagreement with what you are saying stems from the fact that your communication 'style' is complete babble.

Let me make an honest suggestion for you. When I was blogging I found that I had a hard time sticking to my topic. I would have an idea but would end up writing pages of ramble that didn't have a focus. So to solve this problem I would write the thesis of my post at the top (I'd delete it before I posted). So as I was writing and then again as I was proof reading I would reference back to the thesis and ask myself:

1. Am I meandering, can I clean up any of my thought process
2. Is every word relating back to my thesis
3. Is my tone conveying the mood I intended

Then I'd rewrite, because my habit were/are so bad that there is NO WAY I am going to say something constructive without proof reading myself. Often times I'd have my girlfriend proof read it as well, asking her to check that everything is clear and that my tone was congenial. If people disagree with me I want it to be because they have an argument against one of my points - not because they think I'm nuts because I talk in weird little circles.

Me: male, 40, straight, single
Old 06-06-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
So to solve this problem I would write the thesis of my post at the top (I'd delete it before I posted).
Sorry, I just realized another critical part of the process:

I would also re-write my thesis statement a bunch of times to make sure it was a focus... not the name of a novel. "Monogamy is Dumb" would be an example of the title of a novel and would in no way help me focus on a blog because it's too general. "Monogamy inherently has one more restriction built in than non-monogomy" is much more succinct . Even that is more like an essay but at least it would help me talk about a single point instead of trying to CRAM the whole of my philosophy into a single post.

I'll stop now. I just thought that there might be a technique issue which is exacerbating the obvious difference in philosophy.

Me: male, 40, straight, single
Old 06-06-2013, 01:30 PM
Banned

Default selective hearing?

and the reason you have absolutely no idea what I am referring to doesn't have anything to do with the basic the message of

STOP BEING A HYPOCRITICAL DICK

if that is something you boring guy, Natja cannot refrain from doing, I would appreciate you not acting like a punk about it. I realize your not technically breaking any rules, and so it's ultimately up to me to decide to quit reading here. That you shouldn't have to conform to the request of some new person to not be a dick, or at least if people are going instigate reactions don't be a punk about it when you get exactly what you are shooting for.

And it really isn't that big of a deal anyhow, there are many other boards, hell they are everywhere now, I guess the part that upset me the most, none of you are are not intelligent. I am asking for a favor and because writers don't like typos, instead of just saying NO, it's always some intellectual arm wrestle, some stupid display of belittling. I know there are many angles to look from in any given situation, but all you claim you don't see it, so maybe I am being harsh, but I don't respect people that treat others the way this board treats every single couple that has formed or wants to form a triad.

Last edited by Dirtclustit; 06-06-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:07 PM

Exclamation Mod Note

Alright, it seems that everyone is having some issues actually staying on a civil topic again, and from all appearances, have carried on argueing over the smoking ruins of whatever thread the OP had tried to get support from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm View Post
If you're unclear on the reason that the OP is being dogpiled, re-read her first post.
If there is dog piling going on, that is a apparent symptom of bullying. So this thread will be locked for anyone to calm down and rethink how they treat others around here.

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?
Closed Thread