Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 05-28-2013, 04:27 AM

Default New-ish to poly, and new to here

Hi All,

I'm a married poly woman, two kids, one husband, one boyfriend. DH and I have had an open marriage for about a year and a half now, and it still feels like we're trying to get the hang of it. We've tried the swinging thing a bit, and discovered that it really isn't for us. I love my BF, who is also married and poly, and wish we could find the same for my DH. (Not looking for a unicorn, honest--unless all poly women are automatically considered unicorns, which seems to be some people's opinion) So that's really our only big issue at the moment, though we know that eventually we'll have to deal with how our children will feel about our relationships. We also have concerns about being outed, of course.
Also, I'm new to forums like these, and in the past have accidentally posted things in the wrong place and am generally poor at navigating around. So, if I did this completely wrong, my apologies. Please believe it was inadvertent!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:12 AM
Official Greeter

Hello rws0042,
Welcome to our forum.

Take your time and read our various threads; see if you have any questions. You might want to visit our Dating & Friendships subforum if you haven't been there already.

I can suggest other means of finding new people, but for now I assume you are just testing the waters and learning more about polyamory. Good to have you aboard; hope you enjoy your stay.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.