Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 05-18-2013, 10:05 PM

Default Thank you.

Hi,

My wife and i have been together 17 years, married 10. For the last few years we were both obviously having issues with our relationship. Recently she proposed an "open marriage". This hit me really hard.

She says she has thought this through and is comfortable with the thought of me with another woman. She also has already found someone she would like to experience a relationship with. This caused a lot of emotional pain for me.

Thanks to this site. I have felt a lot better about everything. We have opened up to each other in ways I never thought we could. Real honesty is both scary and enlightening.

I don't know what the future holds for us, but I know we will get through it. Emotion is hard to convey via postings, but this site has kept me sane and has given me a wealth of information and a feeling of "I am not alone".

So thank you. Seriously, from the depths of my being. Thank you.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:18 PM
Official Greeter

Greetings Madhatter,
Welcome to our forum.

Glad to hear our site has been helpful to you so far. Open marriage can be quite a jarring proposal. You are definitely not alone, and can get your questions answered here. Feel free to post if there's something you can't already find here.

I hope you and your wife are able to work things out alright. Glad to have you aboard.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter View Post
Hi,

My wife and i have been together 17 years, married 10. For the last few years we were both obviously having issues with our relationship. Recently she proposed an "open marriage". This hit me really hard.

She says she has thought this through and is comfortable with the thought of me with another woman. She also has already found someone she would like to experience a relationship with. This caused a lot of emotional pain for me.

Thanks to this site. I have felt a lot better about everything. We have opened up to each other in ways I never thought we could. Real honesty is both scary and enlightening.

I don't know what the future holds for us, but I know we will get through it. Emotion is hard to convey via postings, but this site has kept me sane and has given me a wealth of information and a feeling of "I am not alone".

So thank you. Seriously, from the depths of my being. Thank you.
Welcome! I am so very happy to hear that reading about other polyamorous couples (and how they're - contrary to popular belief - not insane) has helped calm a questioning in your heart!