Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 05-16-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Nutbuster, you missed where she said,

Ahem. That is why I recommended she move. Her bf's wife is no Nomad.

I made the comment about living in a more liberal state, as well, because even if you prefer being out and proud and supposedly not caring what people think of you, it just stands to reason one can make more friends in a state where it's easier to be alternative, and where the first question people ask you upon meeting is not, what church do you go to?
Hi Mag,
I didn't miss where she said anything. I am just giving an opinion and a perspective that is partially converse to yours. I wasn't picking on any single opinion or person who stated one, just adding my own.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixtoria View Post
DH never takes his off, I had to get him a special wedding ring that doesn't conduct electricity since he works with electronics daily!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoringGuy View Post
to me it's one of those things i am relieved to not have to keep track of. Besides, i work in a lab so i'd be taking it off all the time. And i don't wear jewelry anyway. It bothers me.
MrS never takes his off either...took care of the "losing it"/"doesn't wear jewelry" thing as well...He has his tattooed on. He wore the original ring for the first few years when we got married and then had to keep taking it off/risk losing it while he was in the shop - so he left it home. So about seven years in he got the tattoo (it's the only tattoo that he has). (Boy, did the tattoo shop guys try to talk him out of THAT.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixtoria View Post
I know I feel weird if I dont' have something on that finger and the other ring finger since I fiddle with it all the time!
Me too...but I also feel that way if I don't wear a watch. But I can adapt - for a while I wore rings on all my fingers, then just my two ring fingers. Then just my wedding band and engagement ring. Then just my band. Now I am back to my wedding band and engagement ring - unless it is a "fancy" occasion.

Quote:
My Spouse and i don't have wedding rings. It doesn't serve a symbolic purpose, they have no personal significance, it's not what our relationship is about.
Our rings do have a minor symbolic significance to us - but there are many more important things...I LOVE traditions - when I can mold them into things that are significant to me (and discard them when they aren't).

Quote:
You've got bigger issues than whether or not he wears a piece of metal on his body. I don't know how you got yourself into this kind of deal, but it seems to me you can do better.
Agree with this. My impression, when I read the story, is that the wife probably was displaying a, likely, subconscious feeling and your interpretation was informed by your own insecurities. You should probably sort that out.

JaneQ
Lotus: poly bi female, "it's complicated" relationships with Dude/JaneQ/MrS (1+ years)
TT: poly bi male, married to Lotus, FB with JaneQ
VV and MsJ: bi-women with male primaries, LTR LDR FWBs to JaneQ

My poly blogs here:
The Journey of JaneQSmythe
The Notebook of JaneQSmythe
Old 05-17-2013, 02:12 AM

I wear a ring because I like my fake bling lol N has the word "Taken" tattooed on his ring finger
Old 05-17-2013, 10:13 PM

I only wear my rings on date nights or times I dress up for some reason (whcih is infrequent). When I wear my wedding rings, I also wear my ring from my boyfriend.
It's pretty much agreed, left hand is Maca's, right hand is GG's in terms of jewelry.
Shrug.