Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Introductions

Notices

Old 05-21-2013, 01:41 AM

Default New in TX

Hi everyone,

New to this lifestyle. My hubby and I have been swingers since we met (its actually how we met) but I don't think that lifestyle was ever for me. I tried poly when I was 20 and don't think I was emotionally ready for it. I am new to it again and honestly still not completely sure. However, I have my husband of 13 years that I had to move away from for grad school and my boyfriend of almost 6 weeks that is slowly evolving.

Even when I wasn't technically poly, I had a close male friend that was everything to me but sex. In fact, everyone called him my second husband. My new boyfriend took the place of that relationship miss.

I believe no one person can be everything for another. However, I am very worried because our culture has placed in us this need to be monogamous (which as a biologist I understand is totally unnatural). I hope to learn from successful relationships here so that we can all be happy. Thats really all I want, for everyone to feel loved and fulfilled in life.

I have a situation that makes things more complex. My husband and I have an 8 year old son. My major concern is that I do not damage him psychologically in any way.

I look forward to getting to meet everyone here and learn lots.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:06 AM
Official Greeter

Hello LadySFI,
Welcome to our forum.

There's a lot to learn here, and many people's stories to read. Visit our Life stories and blogs board sometime if you haven't already. Also you can do a search (and a tag search) for "children," to learn more about that subject (in relation to poly).

Sounds like this is something that has always kind of been in your blood. I hope you will find Polyamory.com helpful, as I have. Glad to have you aboard.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.